History of "The Gauge"

Whats the orgins of this site? Who created this and when? Is the site's history archived some place on the site? Just wondering about this for no reason at all. :confused: It has been of great value to me and I sure do enjoy all the photos, tips and communicaiton of ideas. It appears to me to be the premo site for model trains. Thanks to the dude or gal who decided they would make this site.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
The Gauge has been around since the fall of 2000 I believe. The administrator was Dave Hagen and the three owners were annonimous. It sure has grown since then. Others may wish to add some of the new history when the original owners sold it.

N Gauger

1:20.3 Train Addict
Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
That's about it - Dave was a representative/programmer for the "3". They were Model Railroaders that wanted to start a hobby Board. Then at some point - they sold it to Dave, I think, or they decided to sell it off & Dave acted like a spokesman for them and sold it to Peter.

As far as the age - yep - we'll be 4 years old December 15th. I signed on & Dave asked me if I wanted to be a Moderator... Along with Shamus & a few others. I said yes.... Then - when Peter Bought it - Shamus had some personal problems & Family matters & he asked if he could leave. Peter asked me to take the Admin duties from Shamus & again.. I said Yes.... Being that none of us are paid, it wasn't that hard to make the changeover :) :)

We (the Moderators) donate our time - to keep the posts as upscale & Spam free as we can :) That's what makes this board so good - It's the quality of the members & the volunteers :) :)

~~ Thanks!!!

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
Bywaterrailroad said:
So basicaly this site is here, in such fine form, due to the love of the hobby by some very didicated people to the benefit of the many. That shows high standards and devotion to a hobby. Thank you again. :thumb:

:D And every time I read comments like this :) I have to thank all the members - because a lot of the members are really quick to alert us to "Questionable" posts :D

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
I find the Gauge as good as it is, Due to the deadication and the unknown time and energy that the moderators give to the forum, also I think I can say that we are a very lucky bunch, not to have had shall we say, undesirable elliments stick around.

I have only found, good advice, witty comments(when apropate), and good natured freinds here,I for one hope it stays like it for ever and a day, this is one site I would and do leave my grand children to perouse without suppervision. and I can only hope that some of the other sites on the net would follow the example of the gauge and it members.... have a good one steve,,

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
ausien said:
I find the Gauge as good as it is, Due to the deadication and the unknown time and energy that the moderators give to the forum, also I think I can say that we are a very lucky bunch, not to have had shall we say, undesirable elliments stick around.

I have only found, good advice, witty comments(when apropate), and good natured freinds here,I for one hope it stays like it for ever and a day, this is one site I would and do leave my grand children to perouse without suppervision. and I can only hope that some of the other sites on the net would follow the example of the gauge and it members.... have a good one steve,,

That's nice. :D :D I've thought about what the Gauge is going to be in another 20 years..

Thats a neat idea to wish our "Good Fortune" on other boards :D :D

C

Catt

I've been here almost since day one.I plan to be here till the last day (mine or the Gauge's :eek: :D ).

I started out moderating the N&Z forum and conned Dave into the Scratchbuilding and Kitbashing forum :D :D. I now have two terriific co-mods to help me keep things inline.(gee that's a real hard job :D)

I've made a lot of online friends here and hope to make a bunch more .I want to thank the rest of the mods for helping make this forum such a GREAT place to be.

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
What I think is so awesome about here is that it is like a functional family (do they exist?).
Everybody looks out for each other, helps each other, and we're all over the place.
Makes for knowing if your out in the Big, Bad World you can see someone you know that thinks like you.

N Gauger

Dec 20, 2000
South Eastern, PA
mywebpages.comcast.net
rcline said:
N-Gauger, You have done a really fine job here in the Gauge. We all thank you very much!
Happy birthday to the Gauge
4 years old, Dec. 15th

:D :D Ohhhh Nooooo :) Don't blame me alone!! :) Shamus & Dave H (original Owner) Peter T Davis (New Owner) and Catt, Kettlestack, T. alexander, and all the "moderators" that are on the Right Hand colume of the board now - Had a Huge part in this :) I just came along for the ride :) and yeah - I'm glad!!!!!!!! :D :D

Great work All Around :)

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
its been a good ride micky, lets all keep the tracks clear and continue to have a great ride in the future.....HAPPY BIRTHDAY< TO ONE AND ALL CONCERND WITH THE GAUGE>...have a good one... steve

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Good morning to the day after the Gauge's birthday. But now back to work - and there are many, many, MANY more posts to moderate... :D :D :D

No, in earnest: Thank you all for your engagement for the Gauge - Peter, the owner, Mikey as administrator and all the other moderators. We surely appreciate the money and the time you all give for offering us Gaugers a home, where we can discuss our fine hobby in a friendly atmosphere!

Live long and prosper - and a happy Holiday season to you all!

Ron

ausien

Sep 14, 2004
Sydney, Austrailia
I didnt know Mr. spock was a member of the GAUGE, ron?:D :D :D :D
I know the GAUGE is evey wher, but on vulcan? where ever next?.

Have a great christmas, Ron and all the best for the new year to you and you family...have a great one..steve