History of Paper Modelling

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by smithers, May 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smithers

smithers New Member

:?: :wink:
    I'm kinda new to papermodelling, and it intrigues me. Where did it start? What's the history of papermodelling anyway? I'd be grateful if you would reply.
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

First, welcome to the site! Hope you find it a comfortable place. The following site is recommended for those new to the art:

Best regards, Gil
  3. smithers

smithers New Member

Thanks Gil. It's a really good website! Thanks for the welcome, too! :D

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Hello Smithers,

I just wanted to welcome you to the forum and say we are glad to have ya here, the more the merrier! I think you will not find a more helpful group of people anywhere on the internet. The people here are great and try to help with questions anyway they can. There is not much I can add about paper modeling except to say that as long as there has been paper, paper modeling has been around. Maybe not quite like what we know today, but forms of modeling in paper like oragami has been around for centuries.
    What types of models are you interested in? And Might I suggest that you click on the "forums" up above then scroll down and find the topic "Internet finds" for links to free models found on the internet and also you should click "Parts bin" and go to the free download section of this site. We have several free, yet mostly easy models available for free download there consisting of models like trucks, planes, cars, missiles, and submarines.
    Anyway, I just wanted to welcome you and tell you we are glad to have you here.

have a nice day,

5. Niels

Niels Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.