highest mah rating avaible?

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by rc10gt3jimbo, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

ive been outa the loop for 5 years, whats the specs on the best batery avaible , im re-learning, am begining investment to buy a bulk of cells and match my racing packs, but i forget how to do so any ideas where to start learning, please forgive my newbish questions , and accept my thanks for your time in replying in advance who knows who ever helps me out might be the recipiant of a few packs , i plan to get any where from 2 to 4 hundred cells, and match packs, so far i found 3000 mah sub c x's 100 for $321 thats the best cel i found so far, hows it sound to you
  2. timrock

timrock Active Member

it depends on what you are using the cells for as far as what kind of racing.sub c cells are much lighter than the standard C size cell but lack capacity.they are great for and used for Drag Racing.where weight is more of an issue than run time since every race is only about 2 seconds.
    what are you looking to do?what kind of racing and/or project/car?
  3. Steve M

Steve M Member

I can buy AA NiMH cells rated at 2100mah and the sub-C cells commonly used for R/C electric cars, buggies and trucks are available in 3300mah capacity, also NiMH.
  4. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

i have a losi xxx kenwalden edition , 13 turn singls d 5 flatliner, i plan to race it at leisurehours, so what your aying is the reguklar c cells, can be used noproblem? i saw reg c cells 4000 mah for $3.5 a piece so i fi can use those my car will haul right there 80 grams a piece,
  5. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

i plan on gwetting 100 of em and making the best packs i can possibly make , i figured 16 packs per hundred cells, i figure six will be good, 10 will be sellers, now i see regular c cells are 4 ah , or 4000 mah, so if i dont mind the lil bit of extra weight (sub c are about 60 grams,)i can get the best batteries any one has at 4000, now my next question is , does racing require sub c's, does racing need 3300 mah max or your disqualified,
  6. Steve M

Steve M Member

C size cells are too big. What you need to look for are sub-C cells that are usually sold at your local hobby shop. There are also retail outlets online and you can also find lots for sale on eBay.

Some companies "match" the cells and sell in either 4-cell or 6-cell packs as unassembled cells.

7. timrock

timrock Active Member

rc10gtjimbo.the last place you would want to buy cells are from ebay.i would never buy somthing like that with the `buyer beware` law. Cells? buy brand new dude.
  8. Steve M

Steve M Member

My suggestion for buying cells from eBay was to look for new in the package cells from a reputable seller.

I have also seen bulk GP3300 cells listed elsewhere for $4 per cell and for bashing in the backyard or just having fun at the track you can't beat that price.
  9. rc10gt3jimbo

rc10gt3jimbo Member

mr steve im trying to compile some leet packs do you think gp3300 are the cells to do so ? r is there somthing better im looking race class packs,
  10. Steve M

Steve M Member

The GP3300 NiMH cells seem to be the hot ticket and if you can find matched cells with good numbers then I think that this is the way to go. The battery of choice for racers who went to Cleveland this year was the GP3300 so you can't go too wrong with these.

11. timrock

timrock Active Member

i was wrong.dragracers use AE size cells.not sub-c.sorry.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.