Hi V Gundham Gone Monday

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Amazyah, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Good point. Later on I might try to find the bolg page where June was talking about that.

2. modelnutz7

modelnutz7 Member

Hi V Gundam

Hi Guys,

I've just downloaded the files for the model but J is corrupted, I only get the very top of the sheet the rest Is black.

I have downloaded twice with no joy, can anyone send me this sheet Please?

3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Out of all the complaints I have heard about the file being corrupted, 100% of them were fixed on the third download.
    Don't ask me why, I have no idea. Maybe it is just a matter of timing.
    I think so many people are trying to get it before it's too late and the server ends the download early.

Try one more time.

4. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

Alright I found the bolg entry on June's site that I had read a while back (mind you Google translated Japanese is nearly unreadable). Here's the link to the page but curiously the entry has been crossed out (but still readable). Follow the link below and look in past log, November 2005.

I may have misunderstood as it appears that he applied for a copyright to produce his 1/60 Ground Gundam as meantioned in past log, April 2006.

Perhaps he and others only have these kits up for such a short period in order to hinder potential pirates and their loyal followers would be the ones who were aware of it's release in the 1st place. So all in all it's more likely a protection stradegy.

Oh modelnutz7 If you PM me with an e-mail addy I can send you the pages that got corrupted as I was able to download the Hi-Nu with no problems.

Getter 1
  5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I think you hit the nail on the head with that one.
    That makes a lot of sense.

6. xyberz

xyberz Member

Still kinda strange that you can actually copyright something that another company owns the full rights to, unless somehow he contacted Bandai to strike up some deal with them in order to sell the models in the first place.

That's the only way I could really see it happening and him being able to sell a model. Otherwise it'd be a pirate of the copyrighted character owned by Bandai in general.

Also I hope that the instructions on this model doesn't go down when the model gets taken offline. I've only copied the first part, the head, and put all the pictures and translated the info into a Word document. The pictures are such high quality that the file size is already 7MB and it's only the first part of 14 total. It's gonna be a huge instruction file when I finally copy it all. Gotta make sure I do it all by tonight just in case he takes that down with the model as I'd hate having to figure it out the hard way, trial and error.
  7. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

In Japan you can acquire limited sales copyrights/permits (for a fee of course). These are usually for the duration of festivals/conventions like Wonderfest and allow designers to sell their works under strict guidelines as far as duaration goes.

As far as Bandai or any other company having copyright over a brand (Gundam) it does not mean one cannot establish copyright for a paper or card model pattern of the same Gundam.
  8. xyberz

xyberz Member

You mean that they probably got some rights from the company in order to sell the models in the first place?

Otherwise, I wonder how it would be done. :???:
  9. TheWebdude

TheWebdude Just a Member

I don't know the specific details of the practice, only that it does exist and seems to be specific to Japan.
  10. kaitain

kaitain New Member

I've got all the instructions as 14 individual PDFs, if anyone needs them, albeit in the original language. It might save some extra leg work.

11. kaitain

kaitain New Member

Instruction pages as PDFs

As I'm new to the forums, I'm assuming its ok for me to post these. They are the 14 instruction pages turned into PDFs using the tool I mentioned in my first post. This post contains parts 1 - 5, and so on.

Each was expanded to include the step-by-step images before doing the print run, and are between 200kb - 400kb each.

View attachment 6467

View attachment 6468

View attachment 6469

View attachment 6470

View attachment 6471

Hope that they prove useful.

Attached Files:

12. kaitain

kaitain New Member

Attached Files:

13. kaitain

kaitain New Member

Attached Files:

14. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Thank you kaitain.
    This will be a big help to many, I am sure.

15. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

kaitain i want to add THANK YOU very much i gave up trying to down load every single picture you have done us all great service. thank you again.
    and welcome to the site i hope you enjoy ir here as much as i have.
  16. fktco00007

fktco00007 New Member

17. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

english instructions

i just sat for two hours making a english version of the instructions for the sd hi v model i hope its helpful:grin: :grin: :grin:
    and thankyou to the member who uploaded the original instructions without them i couldnt have made this.

cant seem to upload the pdf its only 4.02mb so should but if you need them jus pm me and i will gladly send them.