Hi V Gundham Gone Monday

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Amazyah, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

While visiting the Google group, Papermodels II, I saw this post and thought I would share it with everyone here after I checked it out to make sure it was legit.

This model will no longer be available after Monday Jan. 22!
    Here is a copy of the post, because it is a translation of the site.

This is a really nice looking model, IMHO, so get yours while you can!

One final note; The instruction links 1-14 each take you to a seperate page that appears to have only one picture of the completed part mentioned.
    Below that pic are two links. Click the short one to expand the page and show the individual parts that make up that particular section of the model.
    Not really instructive but it's as good as it gets and should be good enough.
    The longer link takes you to another page of the blog site.
    Also, it might be best to save each webpage for each section for future reference.

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I forgot to mention, this model appears to be poseable. Here are some pics from the blog.

Attached Files:

3. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

another one.

Attached Files:

4. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

one more time...

Attached Files:

5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

And finally....:grin:

Attached Files:

6. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

wow thanks for the link been waiting for this model for ages.
  7. rwguess

rwguess Member

how do you open these files??
  8. rlc321

rlc321 Gundam designer wannabe

double click on alz file the main one and as long as you have the second ending in .a00 then it will open. also you will need alzip which is free unzipping software just google for it.
  9. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

So many great models :D , so little time to build them all :(
  10. xyberz

xyberz Member

AWESOME!!!! This is the one I was looking for in my other post. It's mine baby!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The designer really documented really well on how it goes together, with LOTS of pictures.

Another awesome thing is that this model moves! It's not static so I can use it to learn on how to make my moving models and models with moving parts. Talk about hitting 2 birds with 1 stone! LoL
  11. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Just a note;
    Make sure you check your download to make sure it opens.
    There have been reports of some downloads that are corrupted and need to be downloaded again.
    It would be a shame to find the file corrupted after it is not downloadable any more.

12. xyberz

xyberz Member

Wanted to let those who aren't in the know. You need a program like Alzip to open up ALZ files. You can get it at www.altools.net

Thanks for that tip, mine opened up fine.

Kinda hard to understand why you'd give it away for free only for a few days and then not offer it no more.
  13. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Well, it is his design.
    I don't understand it either, but it is better than not giving it away at all, eh?:grin:

14. xyberz

xyberz Member

Heck yeah!!! Very unfortunate for others who don't know right now or new members that come on later. :(
  15. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I believe that the time limit might have something to do with copyright laws over rights to the designs.

16. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

That's interesting. Do you have any more info on that?

17. Getter1

Getter1 Active Member

I believe I did a Goolge translation on June's site a while back when he released his SD Gundam ver. Kai. In the translation I'm sure he meantioned something about leaving it up for download long term would have some infringment on Ban Dai's rights to Gundam designs. Don't quote me on this but I'm 98% certian that was what was said on his blog.

18. xyberz

xyberz Member

If that's the case, then how does everyone get away with selling paper models of stuff that is most definitely copyrighted?

Is it just that they're such small marbles that the big companies don't really care?
  19. kaitain

kaitain New Member

re: saving the instructions

Hi All,

Just a suggestion, about saving the instructions. I've used a print to pdf utility called "PrimoPDF" http:// www.PrimoPDF.com which is free for non-commercial use and works a treat. Just expand each page of instructions, and then just print it. The print driver pops up a box where you can change the name of the file to be saved. The results look ok in Acrobat reader 8.0.

I've been lurking for a long time on the forum, and thought that I'd start making a contribution. My modelling tastes vary considerably, with anime characters in PVC and resin, Bandai mech kits from the patlabor series, and now paper models. I've started with simple models like the starwars sandcrawler, and the droids from Silent running, and then jumped to the semi trailer from the Epson racing team series. The last thing I built was the "Puddle Jumper" from SG-Atlantis.

When I get around to it I'll post some images to the Gallery.

20. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Welcome to the forum kaitain and thank you for the helping hand.

I am looking forward to seeing some of your work. The whole Epson series is on my gigantic to-do list and I would like to see how the build went for you.

Since you have been lurking about for a while I am sure you already know that this is a very freindly site with lots of experts and fans who are more than happy to give and recieve advice.

If you need any advice or help don't hesitate to ask.:grin:

I look forward to seeing you around the forum and to getting a peak at your models! hint, hint.:wink: