Hi there,

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by oompiet, Aug 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oompiet

oompiet New Member

My name is Ray, and i am a born again paper modeler. I was born, and grew up in South Africa,but have been a Canadian citizen since 1974.
    When i was a teenager i built most of,if not all of the Micromodel models.
    (Does this date me or what.) Got into that other medium and spent the next 40 odd years sanding,gluing, filling and painting plastic model aircraft and cars:cry:.
    Rediscovered paper models about a year ago at Fiddelersgreen and have been dabbling in the art ever since. My day was made when i found Cardmodels.net and enjoy the tips and information your expert members have to offer. Must learn how to post photo's so you can see what i have built.
  2. Loopy

Loopy Member

Welkom oompiet!

The SA connection seems to be growing, even if yours goes back a while...
  3. oompiet

oompiet New Member

Dankie Loopy,

How many of us S.Africans visit this site.
  4. Loopy

Loopy Member

Hold on to your seat.....

3 or 4 that I know off, and that includes you! Wernersmuts is also a member, hailing from Jo'burg.
  5. oompiet

oompiet New Member

Juslyke,that many hey,LOL.
    Are there many commercial models available in S.A., or most of your models downloaded?
    I have been downloading while I practice my building skills and I guess its about time I purchase something.
    I enjoy WW1 aircraft. Wouldn't mind a Fokker D7 or a Niewport.
  6. Loopy

Loopy Member

Hey, remember it's a BIG country!!

We are still trying to find shops that sell kits of any type, Werner mentioned a shop in Kempton Park that might stock card models, but mostly it is downloads or buying over the Net.

Even pirated scans work out more expensive to print than to buy from one of the online shops!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.