Hi there!

Discussion in 'HO Scale Model Trains' started by Alan Bickley, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Alan Bickley

Alan Bickley Member

Hello people. I have just joined and would like to say what a brilliant and comprehensive site this is!
    I was wandering, is there anyone else here who models British outline in HO Gauge? I would like to get some correspondance going!:wave:
  2. Rusty Spike

Rusty Spike Member

We put my son's Thomas the Tank Engine and Annie and Clarabelle on the track, but that's about as British as it gets.

Nonetheless, welcome!;)
  3. pttom

pttom Member

Welcome to the Gauge Alan.
  4. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

Welcome to the-gauge Alan! Well, if we don't have any British HO, we sure would love to see some pictures of what you have modeled!!!
  5. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

Hi Alan,
    Do you model in HO scale (1/87) or OO?
    I acquired some OO loco parts and want to scratch build the rest of the locomotive someday.

Attached Files:

6. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hi Alan, and welcome to the gauge my fellow UK'er. Oxford, thats not too far from Shropshire now is it.LOL
    So you model 00 British Outline, got any photo's of it yet.
  7. geep15

geep15 New Member

From one newcomer to another, welcome!:thumb:
  8. interurban

interurban Active Member

Welcome Alan,, Don`t no of any one but will ask around
    "me mates":D
    As others have said,, I to am looking forward to some photo`s
  9. Alan Bickley

Alan Bickley Member

In response to shamus, no, not OO, HO (Really!)
    I haven't got any photos myself, but to give you an idea of what I have done, visit http://british-ho.com and click on "Latest". you will find a photo of a BR Class 33 made by Lima to HO (3.5mm) scale that I detailed and painted.:D
  10. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Hi Alan.
    As one of the resident British modellers on the Gauge, I don't know of anyone who is modelling British HO. I'm working with OO/HO (or OOn49.5). I wish there had been HO when I started. We have a number in our Toronto area club working in Extra Millimeter gauge and a few in the even wider one.
  11. jim currie

jim currie Active Member

welcome to the gauge:wave:
  12. Lighthorseman

Lighthorseman Active Member

Great To Have You Aboard!

Welcome to The Gauge, Alan! No matter the scale, gauge or nationality, you'll find the greatest people right here. :thumb:
  13. mhdishere

mhdishere Member

Welcome :wave: Alan! Of the forums I participate in the-gauge and railroad-line forums are the best and friendliest (and there's a lot of folks who are members of both). You'll always get answers to your questions, no matter how off-the-wall (and I've asked some DOOZIES!).

While I also model American prototypes I'd love to see some British models here. I did consider getting the Harry Potter set, does that count????

Again, welcome!
  14. Alan Bickley

Alan Bickley Member

Sorry, I put the wrong link in! Go to the same site and click on "Exhibitions and Meetings". :thumb:
  15. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

16. Alan Bickley

Alan Bickley Member

Ah yes, I was trying to do that!
    Six months of visiting these discussion forums and I'm still learning!
  17. jon-monon

jon-monon Active Member

No prob., mate.