Hi-Speed GP-35 project

Ray Marinaccio

I dug up an old Atlas (GP30) frame and trucks and did some milling to narrow the Fuel tank area to fit the shell and also milled the chassis to accept a larger motor.
Then I cut the fuel tank off the Hi-Speed chassis and mounted it to the Atlas chassis.
I also cut the truck mounted couplers off.

Attachments

• Dec02018.JPG
    Dec02018.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 194

Ray Marinaccio

The center of the walkway section of the shell was cut out to accept the frame and strips of plastic were glued to the bottom as spacers and extra support.
I'm working on the pilot and coupler mounting now.
I plan to cut the hand railings off and bend up a set from wire.
This won't be the most detailed loco but it should look right at home with my first generation Atlas and Model Power locos.

Attachments

• Dec02019.JPG
    Dec02019.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 190
C

Catt

I saw one of these on Ebay last night.The hi bid when I saw it was just over $25.00 :eek: I can not believe the prices these things sell for.

railohio

Catt! said:
I saw one of these on Ebay last night.The hi bid when I saw it was just over $25.00 :eek: I can not believe the prices these things sell for.

A fool and his money are soon parted...

2slim

Sheesh!!

I saw one of these on Ebay last night.The hi bid when I saw it was just over $25.00

Makes you wonder if they thought it was a powered engine (like a Bachmann), if so, somebody's going to be mad when it arrives!! :eek: :mad: :curse:

2slim