hi peoples

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by uglyguy9, Mar 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uglyguy9

uglyguy9 Member

hi all,
    i'm from australia....grew up on the beach...played in some rock bands and love astronomy. i have some very large telescopes in my backyard and look at everything from galaxies to nebula.
    i have a solid background in illustration and design and have worked for a few ad agencies and sign companies.
    i only cut with a blade as i find scissors not accurate enough.....the sign company taught me to hand cut (nearly every ANZ lightbox sign you see in sydney was hand cut by me as i was quicker than the computer cutter.)
    didnt know about paper models till about 3 months ago when i stumbled upon this site.
    it is great the amount of support and interaction you get from this site......so helpfull and encouraging.
    i have built 3 models so far and learned alot in that short time.
    i used to make plastic models and have built every sub ever made i think.
    i'm happy to help, or be helped by anyone announce1
    mainly into science fiction but also like real space....simpsons and futurama (plus a million other things)
    i once met greg brady (brady bunch) and the first thing i asked him was "so if you and keith partridge were to have a fight do you think keith would resort to biting to win?"....he laughed for about ten minutes....then said "yes , biting and slapping would be his main attack" sign1

2. Gearz

Gearz Member

Hello uglyguy9! welcome to the forum mate. Great place ~ Great people ~ Excellent resources. !

I was quicker than the computer cutter. ~ Impressive effort!. * I'll be stuck with the mental image of Bishop the android from the Aliens movie, doing his bayonet thing lol..

Sub's eh.. don't suppose you have any 3 view drawings of the Oberon Class Subs ? or the AE1 ? I've collected some pics, sadly I've had no joy with plans.
  3. uglyguy9

uglyguy9 Member

hi gearz
    i have a mate who built an oberon class.....i'll get the plans off him
    still laughing at the "bishop" thing but i think it was more of a case of ancient plotter technology. (steam powered)
    thanks for the greeting and you're right....this is a great place

.....my last sub build

Attached Files:

4. Gearz

Gearz Member

WOW..:eek: that's a N.I.C.E Model..!! it looks all metal ? scratch build?

Thanks for any plans 9 ~ :thumb:
  5. uglyguy9

uglyguy9 Member

its a revell plastic kit.......i love ageing things
    heres another.....this one an ssn with interior...
    the blurry one is a guy on the crapper reading a newspaper :cry:

Attached Files:

6. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

wow nice work... and welcome to the forum from yet another Aussie. :thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.