hi out there!!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by ric180, Aug 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ric180

ric180 New Member

Hello Everyone!

I'm really new to this whole papermodeling thing. i just learned about it a couple weeks ago and i really got into it. paper modeling is such a cool art, i would really like to learn more about it and help in doing my own models, im really looking forward to making one of my own with a little help. I enjoy making all kinds of papercraft. mostly space ships and castles though. Im really excited to have joined this forum. Im in real big need of help in papermodeling basics though.

a lot of greetings from miami to all papermodelers out there!!:woot1:

2. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Howdy Ric!
    The best way to learn is to jump right in and do it. The best way to learn is by experience. :mrgreen:
    It's the only way to do it and find what your comfortable with.
    You can browse the forums and follow some build threads and that will show you some basics. Score, cut, fold, and glue baby! :cool:
    Then download some freebies while you browse the "Internet Finds" forum and your well on your way!

Can't wait to see some of your models! Take lots of pics!
    We love them pictures here!:twisted:

3. ric180

ric180 New Member

I dont know if this is how you reply to a posty but im going to go right ahead. thanks for the tips, im going to try to find some basics, but is a cardmodel made from scratch or is any computer technology used?? im not too well informed as you can see.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold! This is an awesome place to learn. Might I suggest sleeping beauties castle for a build? It is absolutely huge but the kids love it and its fairly sturdy. Also fairly easy to build and excellent to learn basic techniques. Plus you get a really fine model at the end. I can throw a couple pics up if want to see it.
    p.s. you replied properly ;)
  5. ric180

ric180 New Member

thanks for the suggestion, a few pics could be helful. im extremely looking forward to a model. thanks for all your help.:thumb:
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Here ya go!
    Its still more or less together - the kids played with it A LOT! :) Also there is a drawbridge but its not pictured here.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.