Hi.... not another Newbie. LOL

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by maddunk, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddunk

maddunk New Member

Hi all,
    I'm Dunk from the U.K.

I've "dabbled" with a few hobbies in the past from sculpture to lego and everything in between.

My biggest model was a 1/10th Aliens Dropship made out of balsa wood. Constructed the same way as a real 1 would be, with all the internal frames and structure. The plan was to make it a flying R/C model but couldn't figure how to make it without busting my bank account.
    A friend helped me out with a few R/C turbine engines (and loads of knowledge) to get the hovering figured out. We'd layed it out as it would be in the finished model. Trouble was we kept burning through the ducting. It'd hover for about 30 seconds then burst into flames. The project got shelved after that.LOL

Made a few different models since then but nothing as ambitious. Will get some pics on here when i can find them on my computer. wall1

Most of my stuff was made for leaving gifts for people I've worked with or when I've got some spare time waiting for the jets to come back. I'm in the RAF (Aircraft mechanical Technician. Airframe & Engines) it passes the time instead of twiddling my thumbs. Many of my old bosses have 1 of my attempts at art on there desks........... I'll get promoted eventually. sign1

Anyway bored you to death enough already. Will try and find those pics.

Great site am looking forward building some of the models on here.

Take care and stay safe,

2. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

It is my great pleasure to welcome you to our community. You will find a great group of modelers here, always ready to help out. I hope you will feel at home and not hesitant to engage in any ongoing conversations. -Rick
  3. maddunk

maddunk New Member

Thanks for the welcome. This site feels like home already.

Having a few problems uploading pictures but will figure it out.

I fix million pound jets...... i won't let a web site beat me. LOL

4. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

You should be good to go. checked your permissions & everything checks out OK.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.