Hi! I'm Fishcarver!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Fishcarver, Jul 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Hi All! This is Jim from Winnipeg, Canada. I really am a fish carver: I invite all of you to visit my website, www.namaycush.com where I hope that you will enjoy some of my wildlife woodcarvings.

Although I have been a carver/carving teacher for the last ten years, my first love was, is, and always will be finescale: airplanes, ships, railways and military subjects (vehicles , figures, dioramas). My favourite scales for planes/trains are OO/HO/1:72; for military subjects it is 1:32/54mm. I have been a modeler for over 30 years already (sheesh!!)

I love to scratchbuild/convert/kitbash, and I am delighted to have found this great site and its friendly, enthusiastic people.

I have just finished my very first card model: pierreg's 1/72 Dewoitine 510. I am a mixed-media type, so the DW510 incorporates some toothpicks, .010 styrene, and an antenna wire courtesy of my cat, Oskie Wilde (one overlong whisker!!) I will post a pic soon!

I am glad to meet all of you and hope both to learn a lot and have some fun here too!

Regards and friendship,
  2. Horus

Horus Member

Welcome to our eclectic crew.
    So Jim, how do you sharpen those fish then?

3. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Jim

Welcome to card bashers anonymous, once in your hooked :lol:

All here are a friendly bunch and always willing to help with anything.
    look forward to seeing your model, we love photos :roll:

Enjoy your self and have fun

4. barry

barry Active Member

Love the Puffin !!

If that's your standard your models should be fantastic look forward to seeing them.

5. Gil

Gil Active Member

Go here:

Now you can add fishfolder to fishcarver.

Best regards, Gil

Post Scriptum; Took a look at your site and am very impressed with your art. If you decide to do one of the trouts from the site above it's best to first finish the paper with an airbrushing of acrylic irridescent white before printing the trout on it. The North American trout are somewhat buried in the site. You'll find them here;

The Golden Trout and Artic Greyling are particularly interesting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.