Hi Guys

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by brakie, May 11, 2005.

1. brakie

brakie Active Member

Just a short note to let everybody know I am still among est the living. :D
    I am doing fairly good and should be home by the end of the month. :thumb:
    That is the good side.The down side is I lost the use of my right arm and hand.This of course will make modeling a lot harder since I will be doing every thing with my left hand.I will be going to therapy twice a week.Also my voice will come and go due to having tubes and such placed in my throat.
    Now,I would like to thank everybody for the cards and prayers. A big thank you goes to Val for the phone call and keeping everybody updated..
    Now I am at my daughters house and will be going back to the extended care facility later today.
  2. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Larry, it's real good to see you back!! :wave:
    It seems like your spirits are in good shape even though
    you've been dealt a rough hand. I hope you draw a
    good-looking physical therapist, they say it helps a lot :D :D
    Take care and stay well!! We will all be looking forward to
    your posts when you're back in the saddle :) :) :thumb:
  3. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Welcome back! Best of luck with the recovery and hope to see you around again soon!

4. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Larry it great to hear from you! All the best to you and a speedy recovery.
  5. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday Member

Welcome Back Larry. Sounds like you still have a bit of a journey ahead of you, but we're glad you're back in the saddle again.
  6. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Let me add my well wishes, and hope your recovery efforts will allow you to some computer time. Just tell your therapists that working on a computer keyboard is great therapy, working with trains is even better..:D:D:D:D

We all missed you here, so do what they tell you to do so we can see more of you quicker. :thumb::thumb:
  7. RailRon

RailRon Active Member

Larry, it's fine to hear from you again! :thumb:

As it seems, you still have quite a distance to go, and I wish you every bit of strength and endurance you need for going this way. My best wishes for a complete and quick recovery!

8. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

It is good to hear from you again, Larry. Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.
  9. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

Good to see you posting again Larry. Sorry to hear you lost the use of your right arm and hand. Hopefully therapy will be of some help.
  10. Woodie

Woodie Active Member

Don't worry Brakie, Us that are left handed have had to get used to it all our lives!! And still find stuff made for right handers frustrating!! :curse: :p

Good to see you back on the road, and I'm sure you'll do well in your recovery. :) :wave:
  11. rksstl

rksstl Member

Hi Larry, good to see you back again. Hey and keep plugin bud you got it in ya to get back 100%. :wave:
  12. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

:D Hi Larry, good to see you :D
  13. Iron Goat

Iron Goat Member

It was great to read your e-mail message, and to know that you are again "sitting up, and taking nourishment". I will keep you in my prayers, and I hope that the PT will help you regain the use of your right hand and arm once again.

God bless....
  14. eightyeightfan1

eightyeightfan1 Now I'm AMP'd

Welcome back Larry.You've been missed
  15. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

We'll help you sneak Xacto knives and Floquil past the front desk when you get to rehab....
  16. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Welcome back Brakie!!!!! Its great to see you posting again. Best wishes on your recovery!
  17. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Hey Brakie!!! Great to see a post from you again!!! We sure have missed you around here. Best of luck with the therapy, and thanks for popping in to update us on your progress my friend!!!!!!

18. Sir_Prize

Sir_Prize Member

Best to you on recovery... take it slow if it's needed...
    they had to teach me to walk after my spinal surgery.
    Most happy that you got family to help.
    Read, plan, and rest... You'll be right as rain soon.
  19. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Funny, having to do everything left handed hasn't effected your handwriting, it still looks the sa......................... oh, keyboard :oops: :D :D :D

Therapy will help, and so will the prayers of your friends here at the guage...we are with you.
  20. Ray Marinaccio

Ray Marinaccio Active Member

It's great to hear from you Larry.