Hi from the UK

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by thecornflake, Mar 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thecornflake

thecornflake New Member

found this place whilst searching around for info on paper/card models, as I fly model rockets and lack of funds and bad weather have meant I've been getting started with paper/card rocket and spaceship models, some just to make the models and some with a view to flying them.

I've also found some other types of models though that I'm going to make, I used to do quite a lot of plastic models as a kid and the availability of free paper models has renewed my interest.

My first paper model I'm working on is one of the Revell Moon Ship as it's a fairly simple model. Because I don't yet have a printer at home i have to use the printers at work and I don;t have any cardstock available so I've been printing on standard paper and then gluing that onto some thicker paper I have at home.

I plan to get a decent colour printer at some point soon, but for now I'm doing ok. I have realised I've got a lot to learn though - the model is going ok but looks nowhere near as good as the pictures on the site (http://jleslie48.com/rmoonship/cs.html)
  2. paulhbell

paulhbell Guest

Welcome. Bad weather? It's a nice sunny day today, mind you this is more than likley our only sunny day this year.
  3. thecornflake

thecornflake New Member

I'll have to download that one. I've been going a bit download crazy recently. Lots to keep me busy for the next few months.

I'm thinking about doing a scale model of HOTOL (abandoned forerunner of Skylon) but having trouble finding decent scale data at the moment. I've contacted Reaction Engines who are running the Skylon project and originally were involved with HOTOL, so fingers crossed...:thumb:
  4. JonUK

JonUK New Member

Hi, thecornflake!

I used to be very involved in Model rocketry as well, mostly for the painting and construction, as the "launch it once and lose it forever" phase started to lose its appeal!

did you start off with Estes like I did or scratch build your own?
  5. thecornflake

thecornflake New Member

I started with Estes RTF, and then a few of their kits. Currently making a Deep Space Transport which looks great.
  6. JonUK

JonUK New Member

Can't wait to see it!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.