Hi from Soggy Oxfordshire.

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Janx, Oct 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Janx

Janx Member

Hi all, been browsing around the site for a while now and thought I'd better say hello.

Living in soggy Oxfordshire leaves plenty of time to Draw, modelling (plastic, card and 3d) watch tv and pay the mortgage (see there is a down side)

This is one hell of an inspiring and daunting site when you see the ability of the members... I have a lot of work and catching up to do.

Made a lot of models from the web (freebies sadly, see above mortgage statement) which led me to take my job (a 3d modeller and animator) and turn it to designing and making card models for myself mostly.

so far designed and made at least one of each of the following (mostly basic kits)

Beafighter, TSR 2, Supermarine Scimitar, AH 6hD Apache, Bristol 188, VF11 Valkyrie, Hawker P1154 (RAF), FFR 31 SuperSylph (in progress), Destroid Monster, M41 Pulse Rifle (1:1 scale not the free model), Oni (my character from WOW) and Bombhead (RN armourer). Probably a few more but its late and the memory isn't what it was.
  2. CardStalker

CardStalker Member

Janx, glad to have you aboard. Please share some pic's of your work. Hope you have a great time here. Best to you.
  3. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Pictures man! Pictures!!.......um, that should read Welcome! Your list of models sounds marvelous. Perhaps you might consider sharing your method of creating models at some point. I find the creation process fascinating and always learn something, even if it's how NOT to do something, which is usually the way I learn anyway.

Welcome aboard!

4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Designed? great! How about you release them to the public here :) Some pics would be truly great!
  5. Mark_1984

Mark_1984 Guest

Welcome to the club. We all build, but designers are a rarer breed. Somebody roll out the red carpet !!

We'd certainly love to see some of your work. Are your designs available anywhere, either free or for sale ?
  6. Janx

Janx Member

Yikes badgered to display my stuff scarey...

here goes a few pics.. sorry most are from Pepakura the finished articles tend not to last long or get given away as I have no room. will post a few more later, have to wait for my daughter to come in and tell me where she has hidden the USB camera lead.:eek:

My main problem is finishing anything I start though, I have the attention span of a gnat and if I hit a problem I tend to get side tracked really quick. Have had a quick trawl through the hints section to try and get a few pointers on the internal structure of my models as I find this the hardest part. Will post some questions etc. in the designer's corner for help.

If I can help any one in any way creating a model or doing textures (med quality at best) I'd be more than happy too, just let me know. As you can probably tell my main interests are Aircraft, sci-fi and fantasy.

Attached Files:

7. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Methinks you underestimate your abilities - what I see is great! :thumb: You designed and built the Eagle? Wow! With your interests and abilities you should be right at home my friend. Welcome again! :)

8. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Cool stuff! Did you import textures or anything on the Wow figure or was that all self-drawn? Turned out very nicely either way, I was just wondering.
  9. Janx

Janx Member

The wow model is kinda the exception there the model is ripped straight from wow using wowmodel viewer as are the textures. I used Milkshape to modify the models (did a dwarf for a friend) to prevent any over lap of parts and only had to modify the fingers and the textures on the face.

She was fun to build but lost interest in doing them after I made the 2. Had a human warrior on the go but that on is on hold as I have given up playing wow (wanted my life back)

Daughters back so can upload a few more.. as you can see mostly unfinished.

I've only ever sold the Bombhead models as they were for RN armourers, I just do this for fun. I am coming round to the idea of putting a few models up for download but as I am new to these forums have no real idea how yet.

Attached Files:

10. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

Hi janx and welcome, i'm doing the eagle model that you have made, but it's slightly different the frame is made from loads of individual tubes, driving me mad it is, have made at least 200 just for the sub frame and engine mounting???? wish i had seen that one!! lol :)
  11. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

here's a couple of pic's of my build at the moment
  12. Janx

Janx Member

Wow, Rather you then than me, mine was a nice simple box :mrgreen: If that's just the frame the whole thing will look incredible. Good Luck :thumb:
  13. greenelf1967

greenelf1967 Member

many thanks janx, i will finish it just takes a while to roll all the tubes

here's what i did today with the model

what do you think, i have looked around the websites and cannot find a picture of an eagle model with fuel tanks (the round things) on??? :wave:
  14. Janx

Janx Member

Hi I'm away this weekend but I have aload of ref piccies of peoples replicas and a rebuild of an original set model can post them on or send you a cd with them on. When I get back I'll see if I can dig out some views of the rear of the eagle. They look fine to me though :thumb:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.