Hi, from Rio/Brazil!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Mig, Mar 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mig

Mig New Member

Hi, Cardmodels friends!

My Name is Miguel and I live in Rio de Janeiro.
    I work with 3d/2d(cartoon) animation.

I never build a paper model before but I want to start one soon, maybe a Marek's one.

Best Regards

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Hello and welcome Miguel,

I am Greg, also known as GEEDUBBYA (gw), Welcome to our group and we are happy to have you here. I see you have never built a card model before, and I am not sure what type you would like to start with, but you can build a model of most anything from paper.
    Below I will post you a few links that will take you to many Free card models of all varieties. Now you must usually have winzip or adobe reader to download most models, but not all.
    Anyway, Here are the links and some idea of what you will find on them.

www.fiddlersgreen.net - click on the list of aircraft on left side, there are free models in most of the categories like wwI, wwII, etc.

www.3dpapermodel.com/tw - when you go to this site, if a "download on demand" box pops up, you can click cancel. the free models are listed on the left side, there are cars, trucks, planes, ships, motorcycles, space ships etc here all free. just click on the picture to be taken to the model download. The pictures redirect you to the model site containing the

http://www.peterjvisser.demon.nl/links7.html - this is "iceberg models", its a listing of links to all types of paper models, only the links with the
    ( + ) sign will have free models though.

www.thaipaperwork.com is the site of one of our moderators here, he also has some free models, and some beautiful ones for sale also.

This should keep you busy for a little while

Again, welcome to our group we are happy to have you here, if you need help, feel free to ask.

email: GEEDUBBYA@prodigy.net
  3. tino

tino Member

Olá benvindo, se precisar de ajuda diga.
  4. Mig

Mig New Member

Hi Geedubbya,

Thanks for the links.
    I'm pretty close to begin with the Marek's Fokker EIII

Ola Tino

È sempre bom escutar(ler) a lingua materna!
    Pode deixar vou perguntar bastante.

Um abraco
  5. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi Miguel

The main thing is to have fun, build away and show us how you did it!!

Even if you think its not good enough, we will.
    All of us started by wrecking a few, even now some go under the fist.

So don't be put off if you don't get the best results to start with.
    Any ideas you have share them as new blood comes up with new ideas!!

Have fun and we are all here to help and learn from each other :D

6. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Miguel! :D

Rob is right, fun is the name of the game, and sharing...it's great when you share photos of your builds. We all enjoy seeing each others work, so I hope you'll favor us with a photo or two soon.

Welcome aboard!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.