Hi from Dousman!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by ETaylor, Dec 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ETaylor

ETaylor New Member

New to this forum! I have been modelling for a bout 2 years now. I learned about card models from Sakrison, at the EAA show. Since then, I have an incurable disease. The house is littered with paper snippings, and half-finished models. I have not undertaken any "real" models of great detail yet, only some simle FG models. I do hope to build a nice detailed Spit of P-51, my two favourite planes. I love card modelling because it is very cheap, and anyone can get started. I was converted from plastic modelling, and now do a lot more with paper. More fun I think.
    I'll post some pics of my work as soon as I get my pictures on the web.
    David- if you read this- please know that I thank you for telling me about this wonderful hobby and helping me get started. If it were not for you, I would still be sitting in my room losing brain cells from breathing CA for plastic models. Thanks.
    I like these smilies:twisted:
  2. Gil

Gil Active Member

Welcome aboard. It's great to hear that David's evangelizing has gained another adherent. Be sure to bend, fold, spindle and otherwise mutilate at least one sheet of card daily just to remain within the fold....,

3. ekuth

ekuth Active Member

As another previous plastic modeler, I think you'll be as surprised as I was just what you can do with paper.

It's twice as addictive, and a heck of a lot cheaper, too... :grin:
  4. KenG

KenG New Member

Hi neighbor

I too have just joined the group on the recommendation of David Sakrison:) . I'm from Grafton, Wi (just north of Mil). I hope you enjoy the hobby and thank you David!! Ken
  5. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Heh, welcome to the club.:grin: :yep: :lol:
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

I totally missed this before! Welcome to the fold :) From Sun Prairie WI here!
  7. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. For 2 years now, you should be well aware of the paper modeling madness. We hope to check your models on the gallery.

8. ETaylor

ETaylor New Member

thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I hope to post some pics very soon!
    I have built some various FG models, and a nice Hurricane that I forget the company who made it. And just some other random models I got free off the web. Look for the pics in my gallery soon!:twisted:
  9. paper warrior

paper warrior Member

Welcome to the forum, I used to live in cow country myself, my elementary school was in a pasture.
  10. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Welcome from the other end of cow country. Sometimes I can hear them mooing from inside the house - with the windows closed! :wink: I'm starting with Fiddler's Green, too. I am spending way too long on the GeeBee Z, but it's looking pretty good. I feel like I've been doing way more printing than actual building, but there are only so many hours in a day.

I got into this hobby in a round about kind of way. I was building flying model rockets and started looking at card model rockets for ways to dress up my rockets. I kept putting more and more detail into the rockets, til they were on the verge of becoming scale models, but the parts I was using didn't allow me to get to the fine detail I was after. So what do I do when I move to card modeling? Build airplanes. :grin: Oh well, it's evolution, I guess. I'm just having so much fun I don't care what I'm building right now. Welcome from another newbie.

11. BARX2

BARX2 Member

One more thing to add. I hate sanding and I'm not very good at painting, so this hobby is a lot better in that respect!
  12. ETaylor

ETaylor New Member

Yeah, sanding can be quite a pain. I have uploaded some pics. I have to create a forum for them all to live, so they are not scattered around like they are now. First time I have loaded pics on the internet, sorry for inconvienince. :wink:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.