Hi from Calgary, Canada

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by foamnpackingtape, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foamnpackingtape

foamnpackingtape New Member

I have been involved in RC Aircraft for the last 20 years. I started by teaching myself how to fly -- no flight sim, no experienced help, no aircraft background -- don't try this at home.

I started flying gliders, and then moved on to nitro. My main interest currently is electric, park flyer scale aircraft.

My hanger consists of many scratch-built styro-foam aircraft, covered with colored packing tape; wonderful materials and very inexpensive to create with. Once I get some pictures together I think most will be impressed with what can be accomplished for only a few dollars.

I look forward to sharing my experience with others, and learning from their experience.

2. Fishcarver

Fishcarver Active Member

Greetings from "The Warm Land" (Qu'wut'sun)

My wife and I are "refugees" from Winnipeg!

I hope that you will like it here!

Cowichan Bay, BC
  3. Bluenoser

Bluenoser Member

Welcome aboard. This is a great place to hang out.

I grew up in Calgary, lived in Winnipeg for 5 years, and St. John's, Newfoundland on and off, but now call Halifax home.
  4. jack wilkinson

jack wilkinson New Member

Jack Wilkinson

Hello from Stouffville, Ont.,
    Due to a lack of space, I'm only making dioramas in HO Scale.
    The next one will be based on the Kirkfield Quarry in HOn3. but having trouble finding small more cars such as side dumps.
    Have perused this sight from time to time and I like the atmosphere.
  5. foamnpackingtape

Nice to meet you, love your quote.

I'm very impressed with card models, never new of this hobby. I like the detail and work that goes into them, makes me feel kind of lazy that my models don't have this kind of detail and I have a much larger platform to work with.

Thanks for the warm welcome

6. foamnpackingtape

Hi Bluenoser,
    Calgary sure has changed, especially in the last few years. I yearn for the old days when Calgary was smaller, safer, and less expensive.

7. foamnpackingtape

Hey Jack,
    Don't know much about trains, But my brother in law is into them heavily, he's probably on this site somewhere.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.