Hi folks! Just dropping in!

Boy it's been awhile since I've been on the BIG BLUE BOARD....:eek:ops: 1590 members now! Holy smokes...Glad to see everyone's still here and a whole buncha new folks too!!! The posts and pics sure look gooood.
Sorry I haven't been around much so here's my lot of excuses.
1.) Wife taking college classes on-line so not much 'puter time for me.
2.) Working 55 hours per week
3.) It's too darned nice OUTSIDE to be INSIDE in front of the monitor!!
:D :D :D

Recent history: Totally dismantled a double deck monstrosity layout that I would get finished in about 30 years and settled on a nice, quite manageable, 5x9. Track is laid, wired and ballasted. All basic hydrocal is in place, buildings are being wired with lights and the greenwork and foliage work is under way. Trains run fine and my 6 year old loves to run them with me. I'm a happy camper now!!!:) :) :) :) :)

Have a great night folks!!!

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

shamus

Registered Member
Hiya Matt and welcome back friend.
Glad to see that you can now get on the building your Dream layout
:thumb:
Shamus

Thanks for the "hellos!" guys!
Paul...congrats on your RMC article...

Not quite my "dream " layout though....
I'm saving that for when I buy my "dream" basement with a house on top!:eek: :eek: :D
The monstrosity I referred to above was designed by our good friend Gary Pfeil and is nicely tucked away into a manila folder waiting for that day!!!:D :D :D :D .
It was just something that required more carpentry than I was able to handle properly in my 'lil ole ranch house...
Will post pics at some point

Matt--Hershey, Pa.

jon-monon

Good to hear from ya Matt, sure has beena long time! Also glad you have a more manageable layout going. A schmardt feller knows when to reset them gulls and make some smaller wuns.

:D :D :D

Gary Pfeil

Hi Matt, Good to hear from you, wondered where you'd been. Glad to hear you're making progress on new layout. Much better to tackle something you enjoy than something that frustrates you!