Hi Everyone!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Grizz, Dec 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grizz

Grizz Member

A big festive hello to everyone!. I have been lurking in the background of these forums for a while now and have decided to step out into the lime light.
    Home is Adelaide, South Australia.
    I have recently developed a keen interest in card modelling and have shared it with my children. I will often have three kids working with me as we learn the basics together. Currently my desk has SpongeBob, a Mig 17, a Ducati and a coffin all in various stages.
    I have learnt heaps by reading your build reports and suggestions to each other. However, there is nothing like just getting into it and learning as you go.
    I used to make plastic kits of military aircraft (especially the Tamiya kits) but since finding paper modelling I now have a very broad subject interest only limited by my experience ie not too keen on lots of wheels just yet.
    Being unsure of internet purchases and all the fraud you hear about I am yet to purchase some of the wonderful kits I have seen built in these forums but hope to overcome my fears shortly.
    There doesn't seem to be an outlet that I can find in Adelaide that actually stocks card models. The only models I have found are the occassional building for railways. I am having a great time cutting my teeth on the freely downloadable models available but am also cautious of possible copyright issues. It is great to read about peoples recommedations and experiences with different suppliers and models.

May your knives always be sharp and your ink tanks never empty,

2. Gil

Gil Active Member

Welcome Aboard!

Welcome aboard Grizz! May you fold, bend, spindle and otherwise mutilate to your hearts wild abandon. Good to hear that you've got the kids involved. Paper modeling is a great learning tool not to mention its ability to spark multi-discipline creativity.

3. Welcome Grizz
    I have only good experiences buying on internet, try NOBY's Thaipaperwork,or Scalepaper international, or Fiddlergreen, pay with Paypal, delivered within hours, or a few days, even in Hollland
    My kids like it too, try the Webdude's site, its all free.
    Cheers Billy
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold Grizz! Glad to have you (and the kids) here with us. One thing you can do if you are worried about internet fraud is ask here before you make a purchase. I can pretty much guarantee any internet vendor you have the urge to try someone from here has tried at one time or another :) Got any pics of models for us? How old are the kids?
  5. milenio3

milenio3 Active Member

Welcome aboard, Grizz. Hope to see you around the forum.
  6. josve

josve Active Member

Welcome to papermania....one build and you are hooked :)
  7. Grizz

Grizz Member

Thanks for the welcome guys!
    I have taken a couple of photos, now just have to learn how to post. I have been reading the test forum so shouldn't have too many problems.
    For Chris, my youngest boys, avid card modellers, are 6 & 7. My girls generally will build one model then leave it for a few weeks, 9 - 14.
    With few numbers of modellers here in Adelaide my wife and i are doing our part to spread the word.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.