Hi everybody

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Rutek 63, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Hi everybody,
    My name is Peter. About 22 years ago I moved to the United States from Poland. For the past 15 years I have been living with my wife and 18 year old son in Scarsdale, NY.
    My interest in paper modeling reaches back to elementary school. But for so many years now I have been not able to build anything serious, life has just been too busy. However, modeling forums like the Polish “Kartonwork”, and this one, have motivated me to come back to my hobby again. Recently I have been building a simple model of a Ford Tfc from “Modelik.” I wanted to start with something more complicated, but it didn’t work out. I’m looking forward to posing my work here and I hope that you will enjoy it as much as I enjoy yours.

Best regards,
  2. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. :wave:
    If the first try with newer models didn't work out, try again - that's what I did after coming back after 20-something years.
    To tell the truth I had to do it few times but nobody will ever see the botched attempts :mrgreen:
  3. Peter T Davis

Peter T Davis Guy Behind the Curtains

4. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

No to mozemy rozmawiac po polsku :mrgreen:
  5. Peter T Davis

tylko troche :)
  6. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Thanks for the warm welcome. Do you guys really speak polish, or are you just kidding me?

7. shoki2000

shoki2000 Active Member

Any Polish ancestors in the Davis faimly? Or maybe your wife's name used to end with -ski?
    I was born and raised in Poland and came to US in 1990.
  8. Peter T Davis

I can follow conversations if I try hard, and talk about on the level of a three year old. ;)

...ska actually. ;)
    She moved over here about the same time you did.
  9. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

A 3 year old level is good enough ;-). Polish is a hard language.

Posting here in English is an opportunity for me to practice my second language. I was working for some time on my first post, and I ended up making just one type-o. For some reason the editor refused to save any corrections. Do you have any idea why?

P.S. What a coincidence. We have the same name, our wives bothe com from Poland and my wife’s name also ends with ska :cool:

10. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Welcome to the forum Peter!
    My ancestors came from Poland 3 generations ago. Sorry to say though that the Polish language did not reach any further generations after my Busia.
    I know a few words but that is all.

I can't wait to see some of your work, I am sure that it's really great!
    I'm looking forward to seeing you and your work around the forums!

11. Rutek 63

Rutek 63 Member

Thank you Russell. I was thinking about joining this forum for quite some time. I’m glad that I finally went ahead and did it. :)

P.S. There must be some card modeling gene in polish blood ;-)
  12. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

I think you may be right.
    I have memories of being a child and walking by the outside of an office supply store and the front window was filled with all sorts of paper of different colors and styles.
    I was mesmerized as I stared at all the wonderful paper. I so wanted every bit of it. What for, I did not know, but I wanted it all!:twisted:

I have had a fascination with it ever since. I spent many years drawing and sketching and then became a draftsman designer for many years.
    Now my final discovery of what do do with paper, the ultimate, build and create with it!

I've never really understood my fascination with paper and have often wondered why, where does this come from?:confused:
    I think you may really have something there, Peter.
    It's the best explanation I have ever heard, anyway!:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.