Hi All good to be here!!!

fifer

Hi all My name is Mike Fifer.
Please be gentle with me as I am not up on these type of sites.
I am an avid N Scaler and long time Ebay Seller and Buyer under FIFER.
Here is my info if you would like to look at the layout under construction.
Mike , New Mexico

http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/fifer/
:sleeping:

justind

Hi fifer, and welcome.
I took a look at your layout, and I love the dam and the storm in the backgrouund...really nice.

Arlaghan

Very nice layout! Had to dig a little to find the link, doesn't grab the attention! ;)

I like your lake! Is that "pourable" water? How'd ya do it? :)

Oh, and welcome to the Gauge!

TomPM

Another Fried Egg Fan
Weclome Mike

You have a nice start to your layout going there. Keep us up to date on your progress.

C

Catt

Welcome Mike,You've found the best forum with the best people as members.

fifer

Thanks Guys , I'll put a little more time in the post's as I progress and thanks for all the Positive feedback guys.
Mike Fifer NM
I do damn crappy work , but not enough to hurt anything!

jon-monon

Welcome to the-gauge Mike! If you have any trouble with the site, just ask and someone will help you. Meanwhile we'll be gentle :D :D :D It's a great place to learn and share!

Gary Pfeil

Hi Mike, and welcome to the Gauge, I'd like to add my compliments on the storm painted on the backdrop, and the lake. That scene will look very nice when completed.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Let me join in welcoming you. Nice layout, after seeing it, I'm sure you are a valuable addtion to this forum. I hope you will share more pictures with us as you go along.

Don

Welcome to the Gauge Mike! The layout looks great! Is that lake an access hatch? If it is, you did a great job of working it into the scenery. The dam is a nice touch too.

This is a great forum.

Eric

fifer

I have had a couple questions about the lake .
First , the lake is made from a piece of ripple shower door glass and will be painted from the underside.
It is also a sliding hatch and will have foliage around the edge and homes.
The backdrop is comercial to the left and I painted and blended in the gray mountains and thunder storm.
I will try to post some individual pictures as I can and please feel free to email me if you have questions.
fifer@zianet.com

Mike

I Do Damn Crappy Work But Not Enough To Hurt Anything
:thumb:

belg

Mike I love the rippled glass idea it looks great and with some paint on the bottom and maybe some gloss medium to make a few high spots in the water your all set.

Pat

fifer

Thanks For The Great Welcome

Thanks to all of you for the GREAT welcome , I feel as though I have been here for ever.I'll try to contribute something to all of this as I go.

:rolleyes: :) ;) :sleeping:

Lighthorseman

Thumbs Up!

In addition to the lake and storm (really neat, by the way...), I like the clean shelving holding the other scale trains. That's something I should get to. Nicely done! :thumb: