HI ALL !! ..Another "newbie" !!.. from Sydney, Australia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Tyrone_X, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Tyrone_X

Tyrone_X New Member

Thanks for the Nice welcome !...:wave:

I look forward to meeting and sharing info with you all and with what seems to be a very intersting and informative site !....

It's a newly found hobby for me with no prior experience in modelling etc though I am and have been an aviation enthusiast my whole life !

Im going down the avenue of "paper modelling" and have an interest in Civil airliners/passenger aircraft.

I have never "blogged" in a forum before so appologies in advance if I dont reply or ask questions properly or in it's right category etc ! ..:confused:

I will take the opportunity to thank everyone in advance for welcoming me and for all the help I will receive whilst here !

hope to be posting a pic or 2 of what I have done after finishing my first project !

2. Retired_for_now

Retired_for_now New Guy

Welcome aboard! You should have a lot of options in card for airliners - and even more in other areas.

Blogging is kind of like attending a swapmeet/show. Ask questions and get answers, show off your stuff and get feedback/admiration, or see what others are doing for enjoyment/inspiration/etc.

You'll have a blast - Yogi
  3. Maico Shark

Maico Shark Guest

Looking forward to the photos. Don't hesitate to ask for help or advice from any of our more experienced members. Welcome to Zealot.
  4. incywebb

incywebb New Member

and another newbie from Sydney..

HI all,

just joined.

I've not made much yet - two small kids and a full time job don't leave much time, or (safe) display space for models :) My last (a simple Mercury capsule) was eyed as a nice toy :-(

I'm interested in some of the more obscure spacecraft, especially the soviet TKS/Almaz. This looked like a fascinating craft that was killed purely due to politics, but from which the Salyut stations, Mir, the various Mir modules, then ISS modules were derived - what a versatile design!

I too have a knife and a cutting mat, and glue too :) - but nowhere to work on the models yet - that's next on the list.

Oh, all you North American people - be grateful your houses are built with basements/mancaves - this isn't the style here in Australia and I'm SO JEALOUS!!!

I guess I need to start digging....
  5. chunder

chunder Member

welcome fellow Aussies :wave: i'm about 2hrs north of you in Port Stephens.

enjoy your stay & hope to see your work.

6. Heaven

Heaven New Member

Hi. I enjoy papercrafting :)
  7. HobbyUniverse

HobbyUniverse HobbyUniverse

Hey welcome to the forums glad to have you. Papercrafting is a great hobby to get into as there is an endless amount of things you can make with it. :) good luck to you and if you have any questions feel free to ask me!
  8. Box Car Steve

Box Car Steve New Member

Hello all : I'm new at Model Rail Roading and have alot to learn! I do have a good selection of tyco,Athearn,lifelike and many others to get working! Hoping to build 2 layouts.... so I'll need all your help in getting this hobby started......! My grandson and I are sharing this hobby together. By the way I'm Box Car Steve from Georgia.