HH60 Jayhawk and HH53

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by n810, Jul 24, 2007.

1. n810

n810 Guest

Found these on a czech forum in thier internet finds folder, so I thought I would share.

When you open the link there is a little countdown timer. Allow that to go to 0 and the button for downloading pops up. I'm pretty sure this is so you "read" all the advertising on the free hosting page.

Fair warning, no instructions with either of these, and they look a little complex, but the design quality seems great.

HH60 Jayhawk

HH53 Stallion
  2. n810

n810 Guest

3. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

is it just the stallion or the sea/super stallion?
  4. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

also what do you open this up with?

5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

the aircraft is a mix between Stallion and Super Stallion

and you will need a program like WinRAR or Alzip to uncompress the file

6. n810

n810 Guest

the uncompressed models are .pdf

I just printed off both of them. I belive it's the super stallion. I'm cutting on the jayhawk right now. It's going to be fun building this without even part numbers!
  7. cmdr199212

cmdr199212 Member

send me some pics.
  8. n810

n810 Guest

of the model or of me drooling uncontrolably in a mental institution after trying to assemble these?
  9. 3Turner

3Turner Member

Great find n810. I was looking for a model of the Ch-53...luckily in USMC colors. Now the only hurdle is to figure out a way to build this puzzle. I dont understand the symbols on the model and cant read czech. I think this will be one of trial and error. Hopefully some one has built it before and can post some pictures or some basic instructions.

I noticed on the fuselage that it says MH53 Pave Low on it.
  10. n810

n810 Guest

I know that the % sign means to glue the coresponding number there. otherwise I'm clueless
  11. rickstef

rickstef Guest

well seeing that these models appeared in the czech magazine ABC,

visit www.iabc.cz and click on

ABC archiv vystrihvanek

that will bring you to a list of most of the models which appeared in the magazine, and some of the entries have build diagrams on those pages

12. 3Turner

3Turner Member

that makes sense. Maybe the % sign by itself is to be guled to the opposite side of the part in question.

I think that the red x's in a square are of course the windows to be cut out, black triangles are score and fold, the yellow half moons are curve and the yellow circles are roll. with that in mind, I think that the yellow lines are showing how each particular part should be folded or slightly curved to fit.

Wonder what the red *, red triangles and red numbers for the cockpit parts mean....anyone have an idea??
  13. 3Turner

3Turner Member

Hey thanks Rick, I am going to start looking through the archive...it'll be a long hunt with my dial up8)
  14. n810

n810 Guest

once more rick saves the day. thanks!
  15. rickstef

rickstef Guest

pages 7 and 9 of the archive

7 for the Jayhawk(two entries)

9 for the Pave Low
  16. 3Turner

3Turner Member

All right...saw the diagram for the Pave Low!!

Thanks a bunch Rick.

Never worked a 1:100 scale, but I am going to get started when I get home from work.
  17. n810

n810 Guest

* should mean increased paper thickness. double up with ** and triple up with ***
  18. 3Turner

3Turner Member

Okay thanks.

By the way...are you having trouble opening the link for the Jayhawk with the one that ends with 7071? I only get a blank page with 'Done' at the bottom. I can open the 7032 link, but there is no diagram for the model.
  19. n810

n810 Guest

yeah, i get nothing from the 7071 link either

I have managed to assemble the bulkheads and formers form the main cabin of the jayhawk. pictures will come tonight.
  20. rickstef

rickstef Guest

yeah i am not sure what happened there

I can't open it here in the office