Hey Guys!

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Teamski, Mar 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teamski

Teamski Member

I'm happy I found this place! I'm a card modeler out of Delaware. I build 1:400 JSC ship models and have been for a couple years now, even though I am a slow builder. Card modeling is an absolutely beautiful hobby. I found out about card models when visiting a British buddy who had a 1:200 Titanic in work. I was hooked immediately! I started with a couple kits that I brought over to the desert with me (I'm with the USAF). These were the HMS hood, HMS Lance, HMS Cossack, HMS Cambletown, and a Japanese Destroyer. I was able to complete all of them using aircraft safety wire for the guns and masts!!

In the ship section you will see a couple more ships I completed. Right now, I'm working on the Dreadnought. It is quite the challenge, but all is well!!

Thanks for listening and I really look forward to meeting all of you!!

Attached Files:

2. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

Welcome to Cardmodels.net.

Card models are great for military guys as they don't take up any space (until u build them). Get all your USAF buddies to do some! I wish I had known about them when I was in.

John Griffin.
  3. rickstef

rickstef Guest

Hey Ski,

Welcome First Stater

Where in the 3 counties are you?

I am currently in Bear, working for the City of Wilmington

4. Teamski

Teamski Member

I live in Dover.... Neat to see you so close!

5. rickstef

rickstef Guest

sweet, welcome again

6. MOS95B

MOS95B Member

Welcome!! Nice models!!

My son is in the Air Force, too. He's out in sunny California, though...
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold! Those are some fine builds you have there! I have always found ships to be a daunting...
  8. rlwhitt

rlwhitt Active Member

Welcome Ski! Those are some good lookin' boats!

And a heartfelt thanks for being one of our fine contrymen on the sharp end!

9. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Ships Ahoy!!!
    Welcome Ski !!! Glad you found us, and what an incredible introduction...
    as you can see, we like pics!!! Keep 'em coming !
  10. BARX2

BARX2 Member

Welcome aboard. Very good looking models. Did you get any kidding about building ships instead of planes? :) I'm retired Navy, but spent most of my career on Air Force and Army bases. Nine years in Misawa, Japan.
  11. Teamski

Teamski Member

Thanks for the warm response!

No, I don't don't get any razzing about the ships. I think ships look the best of all the models you can get in card. Aircraft don't usually compare to plastic models as well as the ships do.

I am a real military history buff. I was never into warships until I watched the "Lost Ships of Guadalcanal" years ago on TV. That got me hooked! There's something about them that really intrigue me.

12. sakrison

sakrison Member

Nice work, Ski!
    But what's an nice Air Force boy doing building stuff that doesn't fly?
    Obviously, we need to talk.... :twisted:
    No worries,
  13. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Welcome, great looking ships, Jsc were my first commercial ships too, they are pretty cool. Ski, I used to moonlight at the Airbase "ER" a bunch of years ago @ 93-94, then our contract was cancelled, bunch of fun guys and gals. Rick, we got 3 of us close by, hows the northeast chapter coming along and whens the first beer bash?
  14. rickstef

rickstef Guest

No idea Ted

15. Gil

Gil Active Member

You do good work. Those are nice models. Welcome aboard. Airforce guy building Navy ships..., You'll feel right at home here.

16. Teamski

Teamski Member

I get to see more than my fair share of planes every day! The ships are a welcome break. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.