hey guys, heres a new plan to look at....

hello everyone, T.C., was nice enough to create me a new track plan, even in the midst of his family problems, thanks again TC. anyway, i just wanted you guys to have a look and see what you think. the outer line will be elevated about 4" or so in order to clear the lower tracks. im open for suggestons as to how would be the best way to get to my turntable, so if anyone has any ideas, please share. thanks!:wave:

Attachments

• TS Plan experiment.jpg
    TS Plan experiment.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 461

Russ Bellinis

The turntable seems to be a long way away from everything else. Generally an engine facility would be somewhere near the yard.

hey Russ, i agree with you, in fact me and a few others were discussing this on the chat a little while ago. TC isnt the one who put the TT on the track plan, i did. im trying to figure out where or how would be the best way to accomplish this. if you have any ideas, please let me know. im hopeing TC might get a chance to read this post and offer a suggeston. thanks Russ!

hi Russ, and yes, the diagnoal part at the top right is the door entry to the room. are you suggesting i put the TT and roundhouse in between the tracks somehow? im looking for all possible ideas, so thanks for your input Russ!:wave:

Russ Bellinis

What is that to the right of the section just below diagonal entry, but above the peninsula where the turntable is located? Is there room to put the turntable off that section as a peninsula next to the entry? That would put the engine facility just accross the entry from the yard. I just had another idea. You could run a narrow, one track wide peninsula off the inside of the yard that would open up to the turntable and engine facility. Sized right, you could still access the yard, but have a convenient engine facility located near the yard.

I agree, the turntable is too far from the yard. It is crying out to moved to the upper left corner, between the 2 mainlines, even if it requires making the benchwork a bit deeper to accomodate it. Or on a small peninusla extending into the open space as mentioned previously.

The area where the turntable is now could make a good staging area or a industrial switching area. Is this portion in a different room? Can't really tell where your walls are located.

Wayne

johngraser

You could flip the track plan and put the Yard on the bottom with the turntable. You would need to modify the other track on the bottom to fit your doorway on the top.

John

ok everyone, i have been experimenting with other alternatives to this situation, heres one of them. i did away with the riundhouse completely and moved the TT up closer to the yard. i also added my coal mine which i have had for about a year, it fits just right. the outer line will be elevated 4 1/4" above the tabletop, so that puts the mine up on a mountain. i wasnt sure about how to connect the main lines to the coal mine, so i attempted. if you guys have a better suggeston, please feel free to let me know. also, what do ya think about the TT location? it was the most practical place i think, but i may be wrong. this is the first plan TC made for me, and i like it very well... thanks TC. anyways, please give me your opinions and suggestons, and excuse the the messy track i attempted to put in the mine area, im no where as good with 3rd planit as TC, actually im lost. thanks everyone!:wave:

Attachments

• TS Plan experiment.jpg
    TS Plan experiment.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 378