Hey everyone, let's play a game of FIND THE DECODER!

And Roid is...WRONG!

Look for blue...

The plugs are so I can remove the decoder and plug those together in the right spots and make it run DC without having to re-rewire it lol

BTW the one wire is fixed.

In fact, what Roid circled was the wire that was in the wrong spot!

tetters

Rail Spiking Fool!
Yeah its the blue top center. Where the pin plus is located. Its not that hard to spot really.

EsPeeMEC

Here's an alternative way of wiring and fitting decoders - I use a plug and socket with standardised wiring for the decoder. The white block is a 4-way plug & socket but an 8-way one would deal with lighting. This is in an ALCO SD40T-2 model

If I want, or need, to run the loco in DC-only mode all I have to do is unplug the decoder and fit the jumper unit instead. (It also means that I can upgrade decoders relatively easily in the future.)

Attachments

• Chip_02.JPG
    Chip_02.JPG
    244.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Chip_01.JPG
    Chip_01.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 3

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
I think it would make more sense to buy a package of 8-pin plug/sockets (about $5 for 4). That way you can swap the decoder into other units (if need be) and you have a nice, tidy harness to the loco.

Someone found it, yay! lol

Tetters gets a cookie!

Best_Cookie-20.jpg

(had to do it)

And yes, I suppose it would, but this loco is one of the ancient Athearns, plus it has 2 motors (so don't go yelling at me about the DH123AT drop-in decoder lol), so I had to come up with something else...the system doesn't work, it won't fit into the shell in "DC mode." I'm just going to have to make it run DCC-only lol...