Hey! C'mon, you don't even have to get off your duff,

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
other than figuratively, to take part in this.
Thirty of our members took the time to enter a photo in the "going loco" photo contest. The voting is now open, so please take the time to show some courtesy and go there to have a look. You can vote for one, or a few, or, if you can't make up your mind, vote for all. And if you didn't enter, there's always the next "contest": really less of a contest than it is a chance to share with, and show others, what you can do.

Wayne

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Wayne,
I take offence to your "get off your duff" comment, only because I have 2 duff's and couldn't figure out which one to get off of!
BTW picking just one photo was tough, lots of good ones!
2slim

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Thanks for posting that link, Andrew, I forgot.:eek:ops:
2slim, while I was familiar with the expression, its origin, at least to me, is a mystery. It's what sprang to mind when I realized that my first choice of words would've been censored.:rolleyes: Either way, it's nice to see so many entries and such a (relatively) good voter turn-out.

Wayne

ezdays

Out AZ way
Feb 3, 2003
Arizona
bigbluetrains.com
Wayne,

We had an excellent turnout this time, and little by little the voting is picking up too. :thumb:Thanks for giving everyone a reminder.:wave:

As far as duffs go, the only one I know about is the one Homer Simpson drinks at Moe's tavern... Ha, Duffman to the rescue :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
Bump!

just thought i would bump this thread up:D . COME ON FOLKS, DON'T FORGET TO VOTE!:thumb: best of all, ITS FREE!:D so come on, SHOW YOUR SUPPORT!:thumb: just click on the names to view the pics and click on AS MANY AS YOU LIKE:D, then click on the VOTE button, THATS IT!:thumb: :D -Deano

doctorwayne

Sep 6, 2005
Canada, eh?
Despite my sarcasm, the voter turnout is about as good as I've ever seen it, although I've been here only since last year. I suspect that many members who are on dial-up tend to shy away from the Photography Forum, and a bunch of others don't even bother to look at any of the contests: perhaps the perception of competitiveness in a hobby is off-putting. In my opinion, though, rather than being a competition, it's more like an opportunity to show-off your work, and for viewers, to see the work of many members, all in the same thread. And, best of all, I think, is that you can vote for more than one entry, so you can just let your instincts tell you which ones are most appealing, rather than get a headache trying to weigh the technical aspects of each. The viewers should be able to have just as much fun as the entrants.:)

Wayne

UP SD40-2

Apr 29, 2006
ALTHOUGH i am a "dial-upper", and the main part of this forum i hang out in is the photography section(i usually march to a different beattooth1 ), i suspect you might be right Wayne;) . STILL, a 6% voter turnout does seem kinda small:confused: . i am also in agreeance with you on the competitiveness aspect. i don't see the contest so much as being real competitive, but as a GREAT way to see what others have/are doing on their layouts:thumb: . a picture DOES tell a thousand words;) . :D -Deano

steamhead

Apr 16, 2005
Brownsville, TX
Hi,

I voted, but 6% is low, although, if you take a look at the "views" vs. the "replies" on any one thread, replies run at around 8-10% of views. Go figure...

Gus (LC&P).