Hey Catt this one's for you!!!

Discussion in 'Scratchin' & Bashin'' started by Tyson Rayles, Jun 14, 2002.

1. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Scratch built this sucker out of some spare dust bunnies I had laying around the place. Being she will run on off the rails I had to steal some servos, suspension parts and steering mech. off an old 1/24 radio control stock car I had laying around. The power plant came out of an Atlas RS3, has the dual flywheels, "this baby purrs like a kitten". All that took up more space than originally figured. She came out to about 12" equals 12" scale.

Attached Files:

• cat2.jpg
      cat2.jpg
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
  2. Tyson Rayles

From another angle, seem to have a problem keeping the headlights aimed at the camera. :D

Attached Files:

• cat3.jpg
      cat3.jpg
      File size:
      47.6 KB
      Views:
  3. sumpter250

sumpter250 multiscale modelbuilder

Tyson,
    So, you've decided to model the Chesapeake & Ohio, but next time model the trains, not the logo! (or was that a catty remark?)
    Pete
  4. Tyson Rayles

D*mn, wish I had thought of the Chessie thing. :(
  5. Catt

Catt Guest

Nice weathering job ya did too.:D :D
  6. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

Tyson, how ya gonna keep her from goin' on the layout??
    :rolleyes:
  7. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

OooooH I bet she's great at climbing Grades! -- Mine is :) :)

You failed to mention the "Vintage" of your 0-4-0 - Mine was "Built" in 1994 in the "7 Seas Pet - err - construction stores" :D She weighs in at about 6 Lbs (G Scale) :D

Attached Files:

8. Tyson Rayles

cidchase oddly enough she has no interest in playing catch the train, and only goes in there if I'm in there, then lays on the floor or a table across the room. Catt the trick to the weathering is all in how you brush her. :D n-gauger don't know on the vintage for sure, she belongs to a neighbor who works on the road alot so she camps out up here about half the time. Like yours she will outpull a Shay on a grade! :D
  9. Drew1125

Drew1125 Active Member

Hi Tyson,
    That looks to be more "scratchin'", than "bashin'"! :D
    It looks like she's sitting on the beginings of some L-girder benchwork...starting an outdoorlayout huh?
    Or is this just another example of you posting photos that aren't "salient" (what the heck does that mean, anyway?), & bragging on yourself?:D :p :D

Yeah, I got a couple of big ol' kitties too, & fortunately, the only thing they're not too lazy to catch is the food I pour in their bowl! Trains, & mice would be waaay too much work!
    The only thing in my workshop they have any interest in is the nice comfy chair I have at my workbench. So the first thing I have to do whenever I go down there, is to shoo one of them out of it! :)
  10. Tyson Rayles

To be honest if something has fur or feathers she will kill it. But she seems to know the trains are not "real". :D
  11. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Tyson:

Ahh So there's the rub.. mine will chase anything that moves, just to play with it. That's why G gauge is so nice. Most of my stock and definatly the engines outweigh her. :D

She runs off the platform whenever I go into the basement. :)
  12. wendell

wendell Member

tyson n-scale the n means 9mm .Your purrrrfic engine do it have 9 lives
  13. cidchase

cidchase Active Member

I meant like, you know, goin'.:D :D :rolleyes:
  14. Tyson Rayles

cidchase if you mean what I think you mean by goin' I raised her like a dog, she is housebroken cause I can't stand cleaning litter boxes, she also comes if you call her like you would a dog. Going "here kitty kitty" doesn't hack it with this animal! :D