Her's what I did today...

B03110 work train. Lordstown, Ohio. I was the conductor as we shoved a 3 car train to clean right of way and make it even harder for us to walk our train at night! Pretty boring day pushing this thing back and forth at walking speed for 8 hrs.

Attachments

• b031.jpg
    b031.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 129
The Andersons

Little eng that could. Very cool industry, just three tracks, a derail, an unloader and a lot of character. Just 1/10 mile from Lordstown assembly.

Attachments

• andersons.jpg
    andersons.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 129

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Maybe boring but better than doing nothing. Like so many unempoyed folks are doing these days.
Thanks for posting the photo Mr Conductor sir.

CN1

I like it.

Nice to see pics and to hear about the "real stuff" from the poeple who do it for real.

Thanks

acsxfan1

Boring Day

Thanks for posting the pics .. do you ever get grief from the other members of your crew for not only working on the railroad, but also railfanning and modeling?

I often wonder what percentage of working railroaders are also modelers or railfans...

Re: railfans

Occassionally I hear "stupid foamers, or 'look at these idiots with cameras'', as we pass them. We have a couple railbuffs who are very very knowledgeable that work for us and these guys are actually respected.

CSX is a very very bad company to work for, in my opinion. If I didn't like trains, this job would be to much for me. Sometimes it's actually the railfans and people who wave to us that make the job slightly enjoyable. (and girls in the summer)

I could care less about our engines, wide bodies, intermodals, etc. I enjoy shortlines, industrial trackage, and discovering lesser known branches.