Here's some of my stuff

blueyeppoon

Gdday from Queeensland
From the place where its 'Beautiful one day and perfect the next' but where you all know that it still gets
cold, still rains and is still sometimes miserable but its as close to true as they can get.

I've been lurking in the shadows, for what I though was a little while but it has been pointed out that
its been a few years, and now I'd like to show some of the things I've been doing all that time. I remember
reading a modeller saying something to the effect that you need lots of models to look at because it
gives pleasure and inspiration. Well I download and examine every one ( there seemes to be so few places
where to buy them here) I can find and out of a couple of hundred I'd find a dozen to suit my taste
and skill level.

My first problem was the computer. I had used autocad (and had the devil of a time trying to get it
into my thick head) for work but for the last fifteen years or so Ive been too
ill to work, lately I hardly get out of the house but the computer and the internet supply a lot of
joy.....sometimes.

I'm constanty told that it does exactly what you tell it to do. But......It always seems to do what it wants,
when it wants, how it wants, for how long or short it wants and it never seems to do just what
I want when I want.

In short: they are a mystery to me.

But I love paper models and here I will try to show what I've done -- just a few at first but I
hope to keep them coming and eventually some build info as well 'cause some times you could tear
your hair out wondering how part A joints to part F or is it reversed and turned upside down and
glued on back-to-front......anyway sometimes you know how it is with so few directions.

There are some pretty terrific modellers on these forums and I hope one day to measure up
So here's what I've done hope you like it.

Regards
blueyeppoon (Mike)
I just hope I've got this right 100_1148.jpg

100_1152.jpg

100_1154.jpg

100_1156.jpg

100_1158.jpg

freddyman

i like your iron clad, and the enterprise.(i don't watch star trek so i'm not sure if that's what the space ship is called)

zathros

*****SENIOR ADMINISTRATOR*****
Staff member
Administrator
Wow!! You models are exceptional! Personally, I hate AutoCad and gave up on it a long time ago. I use Rhino3D and it does things that are impossible to do in AutoCad. I found AutoCad to be the most unintuitive program I have ever used.

Beautiful work. I like your style! :)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
You have really good looking collection there.
You have done a GREAT JOB on everything!
I like the gray colour of the Enterprise. It reminds me of the FRANKLIN MINT collectable that came out many years ago.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

mcusanelli

Beautiful work on all of your models, very neat and precise builds. And your work absolutely does measure up!

sjsquirrel

You've got a wonderful collection started there Mike. I've only ever made one or two buildings myself, but every time I see pictures like yours I imagine a diorama of an entire village. Of course that leads to trees and plants and horses and dogs and cats and people and a model railroad, which is why I'll probably never start such a project.
The Enterprise looks excellent too. That one I do have to build!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Steve