Heres a question

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
Ok, ive got a cool question.

Besides the obvious razor blade or scale ruler...what is the one tool you cannot live without? Whats the one tool that made your modeling so much easier?

CNWman

CNW Fan
Jan 3, 2007
The Riverside Railroad
A phone book

with out the yellow pages, my dad and I could not have found Davis Trains/electronics and could not have started MRR-ing. whenever we need some expertese, we call upon the experts who work there.:thumb:

65GASSER

Jun 12, 2006
Malvern, AR
As of right now my airbrush. If I didn't have it, I would be running alot of Mopac locos with the same numbers. Plus not many people make different Mopac motive power. So as of now, the airbrush gets it.

Jim Krause

Apr 7, 2005
Polson, MT
All of the above. You can never have too many tools. Actually I'll have to go with the rail cutter. After spending a lot of time cutting track with a miter box and saw, I finally bought a Micro Mark cutter a year ago. Great tool.

Play-Doh

May 12, 2006
Portland OR
65GASSER said:
Man I need a new dremmel. :eek:ops:

I gotta tell you, for a cheapo, that $20 7 volt sucker from wallyworld has proved to be pretty decent. Other that quick battery life, its pretty reliable. And you cant be going cordless!

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
For me it has to be the computer. Every time I am at the point of throwing in the towel, I go here and get "re-inspired" (or is that a word?).

I also do a TON of research, chatting, comparing and designing on this "idiot box" too. hamr

I'd be lost without it. :D

mcbane666

Dec 30, 2006
Edmonton AB
web.mac.com
sence every one else is using smart remarks i had to add mine,
the human brain... now can someone tell me where in the mess on my layout i left that:rolleyes:?
only problem is the wife wants me to use my favourit tool around her, go figure she is geluse of my train:D

( I wish i had a girl even close to a wife:cry:)

jefelectric

Jul 9, 2006
Elizabethtown, PA
Gee, it is almost impossible to pick one tool that you can not do without, but I guess it would be the soldering iron. Everything else can be replaced by something else but without the soldering iron some things would just be impossible to do.

Glen Haasdyk

Feb 2, 2004
Kelowna, BC
Visit site
My dremmel (acually is a sears craftsman) But for Christmas my wife got me this really neat cold heat cordless soldering gun. Works great on wiring not so good on track solding but it solders really fast!