Here We Go Loop De Loop!

Russ Bellinis

Be that as it may, I still need to get the track designed before I go putting anything down.

I thik I would staple some butcher paper to a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood and lay out the track plan in full scale right on the paper. Just forget rts or other track planning software.

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
I thik I would staple some butcher paper to a 4 x 8 sheet of plywood and lay out the track plan in full scale right on the paper. Just forget rts or other track planning software.
That would be fine except it's going to be 3x6. ;)
(Which makes it even more interesting to squeeze in there.)

Cannonball

More Trains Than Brains
5” Straight- 54
2-1/2” Straight- 6
1-1/4” Straight- 4
11” Curve- 25
11” Half Curve- 2
LH Turnout- 3
RH Turnout- 1
Bumper- 4
Bridge- 1

I call it Defeated By Daphetid.

Attachments

• DefeatedByDaphetid.jpg
    DefeatedByDaphetid.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 14
  • LayoutPaint01.jpg
    LayoutPaint01.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 10

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
That would be fine except it's going to be 3x6.
(Which makes it even more interesting to squeeze in there.)

This is why flex track exists. I like to think of it as; Computers are digital, it is either on, or it is off, nothing in between. Analog is everything "in between".....flex track is analog. Track planning software is digital, therefore, inflexible (pun intended), the mind can conceive, and create, in analog. I, for one, love the "continuously variable".
Pete

Squidbait

Recovering ALCO-holic
Actually, flextrack or no, you really should try to work a passing siding in there. It makes running trains in both directions an option, and you wouldn't have to lap the whole layout to get around a cut of cars.