Here we go! Gotta start somewhere.

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by TrainNut, Oct 10, 2006.

1. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

Hmmm, didn't turn out too bad for a free turntable and a $5 roundhouse if I do say so myself. Granted, I still have a longggg ways to go. I'm kinda wishing I'da painted that turntable before I got it all installed. It's gonna be a lot harder now.

Still, you get the idea of how I solved the different radii problem. I can live with it and that's what counts. Wow, the surface of that turn table shines nicer than the ice on a newly frozen pond! Gotta do somethin' 'bout that too.
  2. jesso

jesso Member

That turned out good! I was just looking at a picture of the old Altoona Shops yestersday and the tracks curved like that out out the building so hey, you're prototypical! Did you fit the whole roundhouse in there or did you cut off the back? When I built mine, I was missing a door as well, just cut one out of really thin board, painted it to match the other doors and glued it on in the open position. Are you going to add your brick coloring to it?
  3. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

The whole roundhouse fit.... for now. I'm still toying with ideas for that. And yep, I plan on treating the bricks to look more realistic. The whole scene needs desperate help for that matter but that'll come soon enough!
  4. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

NICE!!!! Roundhouse looks good there :thumb: :thumb: and i really like those Rio Grande Locos in the stalls :mrgreen: