Here we go again

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Been playing this afternoon with my new (TOY) hehe
All I have done is just re-size them, and add lights. Nothing else needed. Wow, what a machine this is.

Shamus
fuj.01.jpg

fuj02.jpg

fuj03.jpg

fuj04.jpg

RailRon

Nov 23, 2002
Trimbach, Switzerland
Beautiful pics again, Paul. That camera is worth every Penny you spent for it! :thumb:

Again I am baffled about your ground cover. You cought the nature of a moss-and-weed-overgrown ground perfectly, and the half rotten logs beside the track are even more amazing. GREAT! :cool: :cool: :cool:

Ron

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gang, Many thanks, to me, this is excellent for model railroad photography.

Originally posted by jmarksbery
You're making a believer out of me Paul, and what would the price of that machine be?:wave:

Hi Jim,
These are the prices to date.
Where to buy Fuji Finepix S7000 Digital Camera Products
$ 699.00 at Dell
$ 591.37 at Securemart.com
$ 619.99 at TigerDirect
$ 553.68 at Mwave
$ 449.99 at Tri-State Computers

See all 76 Store Offers from $375-$800 for Fuji Finepix S7000 Digital Camera Products

Shamus

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Dang Paul, here we go again indeed! I got myself an Olympus C-730 because it was the closest thing then available to what you had. My reasoning was that you'd provided many stunning examples of what the camera was capable of, and any pix I took that were not as good meant it was clearly not the tool!

Now you've gone and raised the bar again! This keeping up with the Templars is going to be tough!!!!!!

:eek: Val

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
He he Val, I'm sorry love.:rolleyes: The Olympus C730-750's are capable of excellent photo's, try these settings. The menu system is almost the same.
-------------------
On the Olympus C700, rotate the dial to A/S/M
Now power up the camera – press OK button (in the middle)
Press right button next to the OK button for “MODE MENU” PRESS RIGHT BUTTON AGAIN. (New screen)
ISO set it to 100 (press ok) move down and set A/S/M TO “A” (press ok)
Press left button next to “ok” to go back.
Press bottom button then right button for Picture and set that to “SHQ” (press ok)
Go down to the bottom for “SETUP”
Press right button next to “OK” for custom
All the way to the bottom and press “Custom”
Set Fno. to f8 and move down one and set shutter speed to 1/30 press left button twice
To go back to normal screen then press OK to quit.

Camera is now set up for indoor photo shooting using good lighting, if you just want to take a photo outdoors, move the dial to AUTO and take pictures, for your railroad stuff, move the dial back to A/S/M --- There are loads more settings you can use, but lets try this first.

For Macro use the above settings, place the camera on a tripod and switch on the camera to “A” (A/S/M) Just right of the viewfinder you will see three buttons, next to the one marked Drive is the button for using macro along with other stuff. Press that button three times until the flower is in the window. It’s now ready to take a macro photo, now press the button marked “Drive” 4 times to get the camera into time exposure mode (10 seconds) set the camera to the place you wish to photograph up close, (2” it will go down to) and take the picture. It’s as easy as that.

Shamus

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Wow, thanks Paul. I couldn't ask for a better how-to than that! So far I've made it to about step 6 on my own, but the information on how shutter speed is going to be invaluable! I'm going to print these instructions and stick them up in the train room. Thanks again!!!!

:D Val

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Forgot to say (Use a tripod) with these settings, you won't be able to hand hold it.:D

Shamus

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi Gang,
I also use a mini tripod which is around 6" tall. Just stands on the layout at various places.
Shamus