Here is sort of a birds eye view of my layout...

Iron Goat

Apr 9, 2004
Missouri
Visit site
Bob,
Great looking layout... and the two reverse loops are really neat. Just wondering, what are the dimensions of your benchwork ? I hope we get to see progress shots as you go... thanks for sharing.

Bob (the other one....) :thumb:

rcline

Jul 26, 2004
Byers, Tx. 76357
www.geocities.com
Bob, that is looking really good, keep up the good work! Now don't let us down by not showing any more photos. We want to see EVERY step by step as you go along!
keep up the great work that you are doing!!!!!

CalFlash

Oct 31, 2004
central Florida
Good job both on the layout and photo editing. Have you run trains yet? I just finished what will be the lower loops for my layout and have been running loop -to - loop for the fun and testing. Even dug out my homemade track cleaners I machined and drug them around. Here I'm just using scraps of Homasote with the map tacks in them for easy handling.

DSC1.jpg

vanda32547

Jun 4, 2002
Miami Florida
www.geocities.com
Thanks for the encouraging words folks,

- Yes the track at the rear is elevated.
- Yes I have been running trains. It was my goal to have trains running by Christmas. Also, I want to continue running trains to flush out any flaws in the track before moving into the scenery phase, which will be a while.
- The dimensions are as follows 9' x 10' x 5' (Left to right in picture) most areas are 2' deep except on the curved ends which are approx. 3 1/2'

Regards,

kchronister

Nov 1, 2004
Boiling Springs, PA
Dang you Bob! That looks great, is about the same dimensions as mine, and is probably a better use of the space.... Now I gotta go rip up some track and steal... I mean "pay homage to" your ideas...

Kris

vanda32547

Jun 4, 2002
Miami Florida
www.geocities.com
Hey guys,

Please note that there are some steep grades on my layout and these are not prototypical at all. I needed to do this to achieve what my final look will be. I am sort of compressing the space since I have limited room size.

As far as costs go I am running a DCC setup on this new layout of mine, so the cost is much higher than standard DC train operation but ALOT more fun. I don't know how much I have invested so far...afraid to add it all up...might stop the railroads progress. :) But in engines alone I have about $600 invested so far. :eek:

Regards,