Here is a video of my Williams GG1 girls train

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by simmonds, Feb 27, 2007.

1. simmonds

simmonds Member

While looking through the pages of CTT a month or so ago I showed my wife a picture of the new Williams remake of the Lady Lionel set from 1957. She liked it alot but liked even more the picture of the pink GG-1 electric. Then she said she WANTED IT! Well lets just say when your wife shows interest in your hobbies (esspecially trains) you need to feed that interest. So I bought the Williams train and I must say it is a real beauty. Here is a little video of the pink and pastel train set. The engine is the smoothest runner I have and with twin can motors and weighing almost 7 pounds, she has a drawbar pull of almost 4 pounds! This thing could probably pull 100 modern era cars. I cant wait to run her on some o54 curves as this temporary loop of Fastrack with its 36 inch curves tends to bind a little with its many axles. Here is the link to the video on YouTube:
  2. Greg Elems

Greg Elems Member

Cool set there and the wife wanted it? That's even better. Sounds like a smooth running engine. You are right about curves, sure leans. If it were me though I'd stick at least one straight track on the end of your layout to ease the curve.

3. simmonds

simmonds Member

Thanks Greg. The coolest thing is the fact my wife gave in and said I could turn that room into my train room and build a permanent layout. The room is 10 X 12 but I think I have decided on building the layout only 5'6" X 12'. That will give me room for 54 inch curves and plenty of length for long trains. I plan on at least the ability to run 5 trains at once and maybe a elevated trolley line on the rear of the layout. I am all smiles right now!
  4. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Can I see one of those in black, please? :D
    Pretty cool looking train. You're right about it needing wider curves though.
    No navigating O27 for that big boy..... er... girl, I mean. ;)
  5. CCT70

CCT70 Member

Congratulations! SHe sure sounds like a keeper to me! :thumb:
  6. Renovo PPR

Renovo PPR Just a Farmer

Not that I have one but the GG-1 will in fact operate on a minimum curve size of O-27. I didn't say it would look pretty but it will do it. You have to love those blind wheels. This is a pretty good buy at around $450 for the set. If you one of those dealers then it will cost you $499.

Nothing looks better than pink, buttercup yellow, lilac, robin's rgg blue and sky blue all running together.
  7. Cannonball

Cannonball More Trains Than Brains

Can you say, "Easter layout," boys and girls?
    I knew you could.
  8. simmonds

simmonds Member

Nope. Not $499 or $450. I picked the train set up for $350 with free shipping from Ma and Pa Junction and so can you. Better hurry though cause most places have already raised the price to $499.