Here I go!

OwenCPR

Dec 23, 2003
Okotoks, Calgary AB Canada
Visit site
Ok...its been a while since I posted anything on this thread!

Haven't done much work other than conning my wife (an artist) to paint some sky blue backdrops with clouds!!!

HAve been busy instead making lots of purchases. Have acquired the following to the fleet:

- 2 more sets of Life Like C Liners (makes three in total)
- 3 Early Kato SD40s in Maroon (all numbered 5556 so will have to make # changes!)
- Atlas GP35
- Three sets of Kato Budd corrugated pasenger cars (12 in total)
- 6 heavyweight Riverossi CP passenger cars

I now inted on repainting UP and B&O heavyweight cars to add to the Riverossi sets. HAve the paint already to go. And have jsut about finished my first mine kit.

Will post pics when I remember the camera from work!

OwenCPR

Dec 23, 2003
Visit site
You know Mike, after reading a thread on Atlas (am I allowed to mention th "other forum"!!!!), I am convinced that the way to go is to blow up large digital pics and use them as backdrops. Very realistic - especially with digital enhancements. Will use the painted techniques for this layout but the next will definitely be pics

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
Well done on the track work. It looks like a fine layout in the making. Please, PLEASE don't post pics of that pretty B&O E8 after it's been repainted. Might short out my hard drive in the gush of tears. :cry:

OwenCPR

Dec 23, 2003
Visit site
Sorry but the E8 B&O has to go.....its an old Atlas / Riverossi (first loco I ever bought as a pre teen in the 70s) and it runs like a dog.....am going to turn it into CP E8 #1801 (wrecked in 1968) to complete the trio of E8s that CP ever had (1800-1801)