Here Are Pictures Of My Layout

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by RAY METIVIER, Jul 17, 2002.

Thanks Mike for asking. Have been out of it for too long, will get on the ball in the next day or so. Thanks again.

Mike.Have been looking at my pictures, and found nothing new as the layout is finished, if that is possible. Anything I post would just be a duplicate. What you see here and on my web page is it.
    I have been fallowing your progress, makes me want to tare mine down and start over. You are doing a great gob and must be proud. Thanks.
  3. Brewer

Brewer Member

Holy Cow, Ray! That's awesome.
  4. ReefBlueCoupe

ReefBlueCoupe Member

Well, holy balls!
  5. ls1gto

ls1gto Member

Tremendous job Ray. Thank you for taking the time to post all those pics. I'm glad Mike bumped it, otherwise I would have not seen it. Thanks Mike! Between these two layouts we have lots to look at and lots of inspiration and ideas. :thumb:
  6. Herc Driver

Herc Driver Active Member

Amazing...really, really amazing.

Thanks for posting these pictures...keep 'em coming.

(Plus, you gotta love any layout that has airplanes too.)

For those who are looking for my web page, it no longrt exist. Due to circumstances beyond my control it is gone, maybe forever. Only my sons security cameras exhist. My wife says she is going to work on a new page, but don"t hold your breath, I"m not.
  8. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Hello Ray! I'm glad to see that everyone can still see your pictures on the Gauge, your layout is fantastic!
    I unfortunently have to start dismantling mine, I sold our house and have to move. I am currently drawing plans for the next layout. I like the planning part of building a layout!
  9. 77railer

77railer Member

Any luck on getting that track plan? or at least the yard?

Awsome layout.....very inspiring...
  10. Dad&Son RR

Dad&Son RR New Member

Which DCC controller are you using?

The layout is DC only. I would have to sell my soul to convert.
  12. jkinosh

jkinosh Member

I to would like to see a track plan for that, or atleast some wide angle Photos. Looks amazing, Would be interesting to see it run, especially with the way that yard looks, with out using DCC.

13. ding chavez

ding chavez Member

dude that is huge. you must be rich thats alot of money in models right there.

So many people count the cost, the fun is what counts.
    Sorry, there is no track plan.
  15. davidstrains

davidstrains Active Member

I have been studying your layout for a while now and think that I see several levels. I believe that you mention a helix also. What is the max grade on your layout outside of the helix and what is the rise on the helix? Do you have multiple exits from the helix at the various levels?

Still impressed!
  16. Dad&Son RR

Dad&Son RR New Member

I would like to see some pictures of the ( electrical wind generators ) in the back. :)
  17. Petervan

Petervan Member

I went through all the your Pic's WoooooooW. Who long have been working your layout. Plus is all of thou's train yours.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  18. ross31r

ross31r Member

thats a very impressive layout - think its a little bit bigger than my 3x1 modular efforts!

How long have you been working on the layout to get it to that standard then?
  19. LoudMusic

LoudMusic Member

This is a collosal layout. A club sized layout owned and operated by a man and his wife. Wow.

It reminds me of Brian Kanis's HO Utah Western, features in Model Railroader a decade or more ago. I think he had a shot of his engine yard with over 100 locos in the frame.

Like many others who have posted in this thread I would very much like to see a layout diagram / map. Have you had the Model Railroader boys over for a visit? They make nice maps :)
  20. NSSD80MAC

NSSD80MAC Member

I am IN awe! This isn't something many of us get to play with, and only wish our wives let us expand our layouts into the nearby room, lucky if we get a few more inches to add. I guess I'll jsut have to slowly grow and deny that the layout got any bigger. :-D.. BUt anways my main question is... What did you use to create those Fp45 or f45's? I am very interested in those, and have been in search for a nice looking one in n scale, and by far those are exactly what I am lookin for. They look stunning in the pictures!

BTW the layout is great!

Dan T.