Her Majesty Submarine P44 United

mOONwOKA

Apr 27, 2005
Lithuania
moonwoka.netfirms.com
Her Majesty's Submarine P44 United

Hello,

This is my first contribution to this forum. The model itself is slightly altered Maly Modelarz kit. I completely repainted conning tower to bring it closer to the few photos that I have. I also repainted some small thingies, like deck holes (don't know how these are called) and the like. Since I'm not really adept in scanning and printing, it resulted in some distortion and rather strange colors (magenta tonner was running low at work :roll: ). I also scaled it down to 1:200. So, here are the results:

mOONwOKA

Apr 27, 2005
Lithuania
moonwoka.netfirms.com
shoki2000 said:
Hi,
This looks like an Upholder class submarine and if it was a Maly kit, then it had to be ORP Dzik, but ORP Dzik was P52.........
I have explained this in my first post. Model itself WAS MM's ORP Dzik. But P52 ORP Dzik was in fact U class submarine of the same batch as P44 United. It was built in England and loaned to Polish navy during wartime.

Thanks, Jim. Iwas a bit affraid to show my work, which is not even close as good as models, made by masters of this forum. I didn't change original MM's colors much, since one of the photos, that I have, shows United sporting two-color camo. But printer at work was running low on magenta, sogray became more like light blue, and green also became blueish. I also added some weathering. This is first model that I have partialy repainted before printing.

Bowdenja

Sep 26, 2005
Madison, MS
mOONwOKA said:
Iwas a bit affraid to show my work, which is not even close as good as models, made by masters of this forum.

Boy I'm glad my pictures are no longer here.............your sub looks great the detailing and rigging is impressive.

I have this in my stack and now must dust it off and give it a scan and build....now that I see how good it looks completed!

john

Darwin

Sep 26, 2005
Idaho Falls, ID
Moonwoka, never waste your time belittling your own work....there are always plenty of critics willing to do that for you. Very credible rework of an old kit (glad I'm not the only one in this sector of the dark side). I think Maly has published at least three versions of the Orp Dzik....which one is your starting point? I find reworking Maly kits to be like eating potato chips....you can't stop with just one. Keep on posting....you will be amazed how much the your skills will develop once you come out of the closet and admit to doing high tech paper dolls.

mOONwOKA

Apr 27, 2005
Lithuania
moonwoka.netfirms.com
Thanks, Darwin :)

I only know of two releases by Maly, and one by Halinsky. It is essentialy the same model, only Halinsky's release features different color scheme and better quality cardstock (I have it in my stash too). Anyway, mine is the oldest of three, released 1980'05.
I also made Maly's La-7, scaled down to 1/72. I've posted pictures of it on my website, so You are welcomed to take a look :)