Heoolo from Canada!

Discussion in 'The Caboose' started by CN_Fan, Aug 20, 2007.

1. CN_Fan

CN_Fan New Member

Hi everyone!!

My name is Bill and I'm in Kingston Ontario. I model HO but I'm sans layout for the time being as I live in an apartment. I'm a member of the local CRHA (Kingston Division) as well.:canada1::canada1:

Anyone near me???

2. Ralph

Ralph Remember...it's for fun!

Hello Bill! Glad you could join us! I think you'l hear from some folks here that will encourage you to build a layout in your aprtment any way! :)
    For those of us not from Canada, what is the CRHA?

3. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

Welcome aboard Bill!!! :) :)

I know we have some Canadian members - I'm sure they will let you know how close they are to Kingston :) :) :)
  4. TomPM

TomPM Another Fried Egg Fan

Welcome to the forum!
  5. MadHatter

MadHatter Charging at full tilt.

Hi Bill (CN Fan)

Welcome, you'll be learning lots from this forum so I suggest getting started through the threads. :mrgreen:

I, too, lack space (still staying with my parents) and I'm busy building a HO Portable Layout. Mainly for shunting (switching), it will be 4m x 0,40m and based on the railways here in South Africa.

I'll be posting some pics soon in my blog, so take a look there if you get the chance, maybe you can get some ideas or even improve what I'm doing and we (The Gauge) will be able to help you accomplish something, even if it's a N/Z scale coffee table layout.
  6. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

Welcome...! You'll find there is a lot of Canadian content - Ottawa, Montreal, and Toronto, as well an occasional "left-coaster" and one or two from the Maritimes.

I may be local, but I am stumped too - CRHA? Canadian Railway Historical Association perhaps?

7. 60103

60103 Pooh Bah

Hi Bill. I know a Bill in Kingston, but I don't think he's into trains.
    I think we have a few members out by Coburg, but I don't remember any in Kingston.
    (Andrew, you're right about CRHA. The Toronto branch used to sponsor the spring railway show in Toronto, but that's fallen away.)
  8. Triplex

Triplex Active Member

That's not all there is to Canada...
  9. beamish

beamish HO & Steam Engineer

Welcome from another Canadian. I am not too close to you, but what is a few hundred miles by train anyway?
  10. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Welcome!!! I am a CN fan too. The old layout I had was all CN. Moved and had to take it up. Now doing NS and CN. Got lots of custom CN rolling stock and engines. Hand painted and decaled. All in O gauge.
  11. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Welcome! I'm another Canadian member & CN fan, based in Toronto. Yes, I'm sure you'll learn a lot from this forum. Cheers, Rob
  12. TA462

TA462 New Member

Hi Bill, I'm about an hour and a 1/2 west of you in Port Hope, Ontario.
  13. Relic

Relic Member

G'day from the right coast, can't have too many CN modelers. What time frame are you doing?
  14. eburchell

eburchell New Member

Welcome to The Gauge. I'm a CN fan too, well that along with CP, VIA, and just about anything else Canadian. I'm a little far south from where you are , in London but still an Ontarian nonetheless.
  15. RobertInOntario

RobertInOntario Active Member

Welcome, Bill! I'm sure we'll be in touch, on various threads, at some point. I model 1950s era CN in HO and am often seeking info or asking questions. (I also model 1950s/60s British trains as well.) I'm based in East York in Toronto. Take care, Rob
  16. Uh ya there are some of us that live between Ontario and Albertasign1

Hello from the barren flat lands.
  17. mcbane666

mcbane666 Member

Hey, I'm From the Right Coast, Living In the Oil land, Building Via and CN with a Rockie/flatlander layout.

well I can't find VIA loco's so My steamer is doing a vintage tour deal of the yellowhead pass.
  18. Ebournerails

Ebournerails New Member

hi all
    and some of us live even further west on the pacific coast.
    glad to see all on here who model Canadian railroads
  19. eburchell

eburchell New Member

Where abouts on the pacific coast? I used to live in Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, travelled up the Fraser Canyon every day from abbotsford to cache creek (Savona) as a swamper in a big rig. Really miss all the railfanning I did out there.
  20. spitfire

spitfire Active Member

Hey CN Fan! Welcome. :wave:

I'm in Toronto, modelling CN and CP in the mid 50s.