Helping to plan Traction edition to pals L/O

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Pickering. Ontario. Canada.
Visit site
Hi folks,

The gang finaly made it to Brians house this Friday, Brian had asked for help in planning a Traction edition to his great model L/O.

So with coffee and cookies to help us think we had a great 2 hrs playing er :eek:ops: I mean planning :D
Anyway I thought you guys would like to join us. :thumb:

The other end will go to a single track to go over the river and loop back.

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 121
  • P1010001.jpg
    P1010001.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010002.jpg
    P1010002.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 118
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 127

CN1

May 6, 2003
Thanks for sharing.

Nice layout :wave: :thumb: :thumb:

Is traction contagious :eek:ops: :confused: because I like it :D :wave:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
Thanks for the pix Chris!! Looks like The Brotherhood had a good night out. Any time you feel like posting more shots of Brian's layout go right ahead. It's a great one!!

Don't suppose you guys feel like planning and building my traction section? :D :D

Val

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
If you need a little help that`s what friends are for VAL :thumb:
We thought we could drop by on the 24 April as we are doing the antique Toy and Train show for one day with the L/O.
But we will see you on the Double Header tour before that Val. :D

If you need us sooner ,Throw a day and time out and I`ll chat with the "Brotherhood" :D :cool:

spitfire

Jul 28, 2002
Toronto, Canada
www.parkdaleyard.com
interurban said:
If you need a little help that`s what friends are for VAL :thumb:
We thought we could drop by on the 24 April as we are doing the antique Toy and Train show for one day with the L/O.
But we will see you on the Double Header tour before that Val. :D

If you need us sooner ,Throw a day and time out and I`ll chat with the "Brotherhood" :D :cool:

Cool!! What are your plans for today? (Just kidding!)

Seriously though, I would really appreciate some help wiring my Tortoises and dwarf signals. I now have a dremel and soldering iron, so all I lack is know-how. Any weekend is good for me. I know your schedule is pretty tight Chris, so, let me know when you can get away. I'll provide the grub and refreshments.

As for the traction module, I'm still undecided as to what kind of track to use. I like the looks of the Proto 87 girder rail, but I'm not sure if I could convert a Bowser PCC to run on it. Orr is pretty cool as well.......decisions, decisions.

Val

jmarksbery

Sep 25, 2002
Butler, Kentucky USA
members.aol.com
:wave: That is a fine looking layout you guys and it will be a great traction scene with you Chris working on it. I have a small question, what is the backdrop scene behind the stock car? I like the looks of it as well. Thanks for posting these pictures, and I agree I think traction is contagious. :thumb: Jim

interurban

Aug 21, 2002
Visit site
Lighthorseman said:
How completely wonderful to be able to have fellow-minded modellers come over and bounce ideas about. :thumb: I envy you folks.

Yes Steve, we have a great bunch in the East end of Toronto, and we get to meet up with great folk in the West. :D

Thanks Jim, Brian has done a lot of work late last year , and one big reason was this traction addition.
I will ask him to post the info you need friend.
:wave:

Duckman

Nov 22, 2002
Whitby Ontario
Visit site
backdrop ?

jmarksbery said:
:wave: That is a fine looking layout you guys and it will be a great traction scene with you Chris working on it. I have a small question, what is the backdrop scene behind the stock car? I like the looks of it as well. Thanks for posting these pictures, and I agree I think traction is contagious. :thumb: Jim
Hi Jim, Thanks for the nice comments on the backdrop. I had little room for model buildings up at that end of the layout. I found these carboard buildings. with 2 long pieces in each pack. they may not appear that great at fisrt, but when they go up they look really good. I have another 4 ft. of them on the other end of the layout. I really like how they look there!! They are very simple to use and the best part is they are cheap. $5.98 US. Walthers makes them and they are called simply INSTANT BUILDINGS Check them out Jim, I think you,ll like them. Enjoyed talking to you Jim. Duckman :thumb: