HELP! :)

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by destinyy, Jun 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. destinyy

destinyy New Member

I've flown the fighterbird and the aerobird, but now I want to get into something even more interesting. Something wherein I can purchase my own 4 channel radio and servos, etc and go from there.

Now, I'm leaning towards starting with a SLO-STICK or something of the sort, but the sales guys keep telling me things I don't completely understand *neophite that I am*. Can you help?

What is the different between something like this (just the radio):
    http://www.ehobbies.com/rc-gws-t4a.html?AID=6265585&PID=1470972

..and something like this (T-GWSRCS250B which comes with an electronic speed controller, 3 servos and a 600mah battery)
    http://www.hobbygenius.com/gws-4-channel-fm-radio,-3-mini-servos,-600mah-battery.html

If I get the top one, do I need to buy the servos separately? Please remember I'm a noob, so any explanation would be very helpful!
  2. Steve M

Steve M Member

The links you provided show the same GWS 4 channel radio but from different merchants. The eHobbies link is the transmitter only</u> while the second shows a complete package including a receiver and servos.

These radios have a familiar look to them and my guess is they are a knock-off of a major brand. Thay may even be made by a major brand and sold under the GWS brand but I cannot be sure.

The GWS Slow-Stik is a nice airplane that involves assembly but no real construction.
  3. destinyy

destinyy New Member

Thanks for your reply :) If i was to buy the receiver and servos separately, would it cost more? I guess what I mean is, should I get the "package" if it's about $150USD? Or should I just get the transmitter only and get the receiver/servos separately?
  4. Steve M

Steve M Member

Buying a transmitter alone and then buying a matching receiver and servos will always cost you more. If you are considering starting in R/C aircraft and you believe you'll stick with it for a few years then I recommend you consider a mid-range radio from a top manufacturer. Name brands to look for include Airtronics, Futaba, JR and Hitec. These companies have been around for years and all make quality equipment.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.