Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by hickstmj, Mar 19, 2008.

1. hickstmj

hickstmj Marcie

I got my cork roadbed & track yesterday, got my foam & went to hobby shop today for N scale track nails & wouldn't you know it - out of nails. All their railroad stuff together takes up about 40 sq. ft. of wall space & one of the things they actually carry they are out of. Does anyone know where else I might get some nails that will work or anything else I can use? This is a temporary "I want to run trains now" layout.

2. PWRR-2207

PWRR-2207 Rogue Islander

Foam nail holding power...

For temporary setup, you could use straight pins but for 'longer lasting-some what easy to pull up later' attachment you may want to consider some of the suggestions in this thread "Gluing cork to foam?"
  3. hickstmj

hickstmj Marcie

Thank you PWRR-2207.
  4. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Your local hardware store or craft store should have nails or brads small enough.

5. hickstmj

hickstmj Marcie

I will try there.
    Thank you Loren.
  6. jmurphy148

jmurphy148 Member

I have an unopened package of Atlas track nails, item 2540, that were sent to me in error. Let me know where to send them and they're yours.

7. hickstmj

hickstmj Marcie

Thank you so much John. I will send you a private message with my address. I will be glad to send you payment for the nails & shipping if you will include your address. Railroaders are the nicest people I know.