Help yet again

GNRail

I recently aquired this group on ebay. It was advertised as CP but looking at the colours I thought it might be UP or something like that. It was part of a mixed lot of things and I was more interested in the Peco turnouts. Any way it turns out the engine (Old Life Like SD45 according to the box) says CANDIAN PACIFIC on the side. I looked up the road number in the CP roaster but it didn't line up with the SD45s.

My questions
1) is this actually a CP paint scheme?
2) what vintage/manufacturer/era etc are the passenger cars being modelled? (2 of the units came in LIMA boxes number 357,358)
3) any other useful information would be apprieciated

TTFN

Garry

Attachments

• cp.jpg
    cp.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 221

pjb

The paint scheme is fanciful, and the passenger equipment is not NA prototypes. Probably is UK, and if they are in LIMA cartons , they are probably theirs. LIMA made/makes many Australian locos , that were similar to NA prototypes in appearance, so these could also be from there.

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
I would add my 2 cents just to say that I don't think that was ever a CPR paint scheme, and that the passenger cars appear to be European...

Andrew

grumbeast

The loco, I don't know about, but the coaches are
British Rail Mk.1 coaches in what looks like a 50s / 60s
"blood and custard" livery. Definately made by Lima
(I have 5 of these in later BR blue and grey)

The locomotie is definately fanciful though

Graham

Definitely not Canadian Pacific and certainly not CP cars. Looks more like British or European cars. CP never used SD45s on their passenger equipment.

Pooh Bah
The paint scheme is a joke. I don't know where LifeLike got it from.
It may be a rare collector's item someday because all the rest have surely been repainted to something else.
Cars are British Railways, IMHO the nicest paint scheme they had. Do you need any better details, like brake/2nd, corridor composite etc.?

GNRail

Originally posted by 60103
Cars are British Railways, IMHO the nicest paint scheme they had. Do you need any better details, like brake/2nd, corridor composite etc.?

The British Railways got me started. I managed to find a few wedsites with information. Apparently this paint scheme was used from 1946 - 56. What type of locomotive would they have used? I am barely able to recognize some of the modern freight locomotives that go by my office three or four times a day.

Any additional info would be great. They kinda grow on you after awhile.

Garry

Pooh Bah
Garry:
almost any of their passenger steam locos and a few of the freight locos. I need to check when they started with the diesels -- they would be in the all green paint at that time. Most of the locos were from the 4 previous railways; British Railways built 999 steamers of its own standard designs but also a lot to the 4 railways designs because it needed them. A Peco Jubilee would look nice, but it's out of production. Graham Farish make a lot but they've moved production to China and I'm not up to date on current production.
Herewith a plug for our club show:
The Great British Train Show 2004

grumbeast

Hey Gary,

I found a couple of pics online for you. Check this one out

http://mercurio.iet.unipi.it/pix/gb/steam/BR/LTS_80079_A.jpg

I used to have an n-scale 4MT (the loco in the picture) that ran beautifully so this would be a possibility

any mainline diesel would do, a Class 42 warship would look wonderful, I've attached a pic of my warship with the grey and blue Mk1's

Cheers

Graham

Attachments

• post28.jpg
    post28.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 68