Help with Walthers New River Mining Co kit

TN_Trainman

Hello All, here is the skinny I bought the Walthers New River Mining Kit, and assembled it per the instructions, but alas here is the problem I have 3 pieces left over they are located on the Black "D: sprue and are marked as 3x17, but there is no part number 17 anywhere on the instructions.

Am I missing part of the instructions with the kit?

All help is greatly appreciated.

George

doctorwayne

While I'm not familiar with that particular kit, Walthers kits often include optional pieces, for instance, doors and windows that will fit in the same openings in a wall casting. This lets you customise your structure somewhat. Also, some sprues, particularily for detail parts, may be used in more than one kit, with not all pieces intended for both kits. This helps to keep costs down, as the die work for doing injection moulded plastic parts is quite expensive.
If your finished structure looks okay, then you've got the beginnings of a kitbashing project. I save all of these "spare" parts and have 3 or 4 large boxes from Walthers kits packed with windows, doors, spare walls, and details.

Wayne

TN_Trainman

Sorry forlks for my lack of response, been sick with the flu and catching back up to work has had me sorta bombed, anyways thanks to all for your replys here are the mystery parts.....

Attachments

• UNK PARTS.jpg
    UNK PARTS.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 162

Nelson

those pieces go underneath the part that the train cars go under those are the delievery mechanisms for the coal . the flat piece is the bottom and the c shaped pieces are the drop down supports

TN_Trainman

See I thought they were shutes for Coal, and I thought they might go there but, I wasant for sure. Thanks for the input!!

George

Gil Finn

They can be left off but you should be able to attch them from under neath if you turn them side ways and glue them tape in place for a while.

RioGrande

You could always compare it to the prototype located on the Craig branch on the Std Gauge D&RGW! Of course this mine is selectively compressed - maybe they compressed the parts right out of it!