help with this savage !!!!

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by dacoop, Jun 30, 2005.

1. dacoop

dacoop Member

when i go to start the motor,its just like it wants to start then nothing,i have used about a gallon of 10 % gas thru it for the break in,im not sure what i have done to it,it seems like when i go and adjust the screw it floods right out,and if i just turn alittle bit from closed it does the same thing floods,i was thinking that maybe some-how the screw broke but not sure can anyone help please thats :(
  2. redheat

redheat Member

If you have a shop close by take it to them to look at , Do you no anything about setting the carb. When was the last time you installed a new plug? And you really should be using 20% fuel , I suggest Trinity Monster Horse Power 20%. Yuor gonna need to get your carb. set back to Factory settings or at least close and work from there. odds are that the carb. really didnt need to be messed with , RED
  3. dacoop

dacoop Member

i just replaced the plug,and i did get it to run but took along time its like not getting any gas i put my finger over the pipe until the carb over flows thats the only way its starts and when it does it runs great but when u shut down the engine it wont start up again for a few mins .do u think that the sleive and piston could be worn ,and thats why its not getting gas? thanks for the help too
  4. monsterrcbuilder04

monsterrcbuilder04 Active Member

i dont think its the sleeve or piston. i have to hold the throttl in a little while starting my truck cause if i tune it richer it just floods so try that. just keep it kinda lean and give it a lil gas while starting and then tune it to where it should be while ideling
  5. savage4savage

savage4savage New Member

That happned to mine...reset the factory settings and that should help alot. Do you use after run oil? because it helps ALOT</u>.

Nice truck but no room to work on it.
  6. digdug72

digdug72 Member

what size motor is it? I am with Red, use 20% fuel, 10% seems to run alittle hotter,but like monsterrcbuilder04 said doesnt sound like a piston/sleeve problem, more of a reset to factory settings on the carb, back to the question what motor are you running, if it's not getting gas unless you put your finger over the carb, turn your low speed 1/8th at a time to richen it up and adjust your idel a bit higher, that worked for my Picco .26
  7. SAVAGEBOY

SAVAGEBOY New Member

CAN SOMBODY PLEASE HELP ME. ON MY SAVAGE MY BRAKE WONT WORK WHEN I HIT THEM, SO I CANT STOP..... THATS FOR STARTERS..... MY TRUCK STARTS ALRIGHT,BUT IT WILL EITHER JUST SHUT OFF OR IF I GIVE IT ANY GAS AT ALL IT WILL SHUT OFF.....SOME TIMES IT ACUALLY STAYS RUNNING AND IT WILL GO WILL THE THROTLE DIAL ALL THE WAY DOWN Y??? I HAVE NO BRAKES SO I HAFT TO STOP IT WITH MY FOOT........SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!???
  8. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

There has ton be something on the pads to make it not stop OR u just need to tighten the claps that clamp the disc to make it stop.
  9. michigan17

michigan17 New Member

Adjust your servo..it did that to mine it would try to stop but there was no brakes.take the nut off the bottom of the rod and adjust it so it will stop..
  10. alisar70

alisar70 Member

Tighten the Brake Pads (if that dosnt work Buy new Brake pads)
    DO NOT USE 10% FUEL ON THE SAVAGE.. ULL MESS THAT MOTOR OF YOURS UP!!!

USE MINIMUM OF 16%
  11. HPIHank

HPIHank New Member

I have a savage with a .26 motor and when i give it gass it reaves p but wont move. PLEASE HELP!!!

Hank
  12. miniminer

miniminer New Member

hank im not a nitro guy but i know a bit about them, check to see if the motor is hitting the chassis and also check to see if your brakes are locked up, also check to see if the clutch bell is hitting the chassis, also lift the truck up and give er full bore, if they move sluggishly and dont speed up then bring it to your local hobby store, they usually know what to do. i had a similar problem on my friends truggy. Spence