help with idea?

My son's favorite Thomas story is the one with the jet engine. He wants to reenact it when we build our island of sodor. Where do you suggest I get an item like a jet engine? SHould I rob a plastic model airplane of one? And what kind of car should I put it on? Just a flat bed?

Any other ideas?

YmeBP

hiscopilot said:
My son's favorite Thomas story is the one with the jet engine. He wants to reenact it when we build our island of sodor. Where do you suggest I get an item like a jet engine? SHould I rob a plastic model airplane of one? And what kind of car should I put it on? Just a flat bed?

Any other ideas?

You are never going to believe this but i JUST bought my sone the thomas the tank engine w/ a motorized jet engine. The jet part of it is a diecast metal shell that can easily be put on an ho scale train.

http://www.tystoybox.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&siId=1727742&catParentID=22523&scId=22523&ctl_nbr=2200

I bought my son's at mitchells trains in delaware

oh yeah, we have that one... I wonder if he would like me to take it off and put it on his model. Funny part is I know my husband won't let me. Maybe I will get another just for that purpose... hmmmm
Thanks!

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
A 1:72 airplane model should be able to supply some useful parts...! ;) They will be slightly oversized, strictly speaking, but I am not one for rivet counting... :D

Sounds great!

Andrew

CCT70

Even if you don't, you should be able to find a cheap one, maybe even one missing parts, off of e-bay dirt cheap.