help with gears plz

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by imfast, Mar 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. imfast

imfast Member

ok if i put a smaller pinion gear or a smaller spur gear on my car will it make it run faster or slower? thanks for all your help.
  2. Ok, if you use a spur gear with fewer teeth you will have a faster top speed. If you use a clutch bell with more teeth you will have a faster top speed, but in both cases you will lose acceleration...Unless you have a strong engine which can handle the gearing.....Also if you use a spur gear with more teeth or a clutch bell with less teeth you will lose top speed, but your acceleration will be faster.....
  3. imfast

imfast Member

thanks for you help
  4. imfast

imfast Member

what about an electric i got a mini-t with a raider motor and it is fast and all but what gears do i use for it to make it go faster
  5. whats the gearing it already has. You can try a 49/15 or 52/15
  6. imfast

imfast Member

well for the pinion i got a 16t and for the spur i got a 60t..and it hits about 26 mph right know:D
  7. ericmcgehee

ericmcgehee Member

would you use the same gearing on any electric? i have the t3 and am using 20/87
  8. Well the way I see it, if you want to go faster then gear down your spur gear or gear up your clutch bell, that is the only way you can do it...gearing is all its about even if you use either a nitro or electric engine.... I would try maybe going with a higher tooth clutch bell, like 18 or even 20...but ever tooth you add your adding about 2-3MPH to top speed (ruff estimate).
  9. imfast

imfast Member

ok thank i am going to try it
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.