Help With Card Model Instructions

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by gcsmith, Jun 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gcsmith

gcsmith G. Smith

I purchased a PMI 105 P38-J Lightning Card Model from PMI about 2 years ago and started building it. I discovered it was beyond my capabilities and set it aside for a future build.

I'd like to attempt it now but unfortunately cannot locate the instructions.

It would be greatly appreciated if someone has the instructions and would send me a copy.

My email address is

Thank you;

Jerry Smith
  2. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Did you try contacting PMI directly? (

Oh - and a quick search shows it's PMI 106 ;) (I've been looking at that model as a build down the road - I love the P38.)
  3. gcsmith

gcsmith G. Smith

I have emailed PMI on 6/25/07 but they have not responded as yet
  4. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

If Lou at PMI can't help you, let me know. I have this kit but haven't built it yet. P-38s are more complicated to build than most other popular WWII planes. If you haven't built many card models, I'd suggest building the PMI P-47, Wildcat, Hellcat, or P-51 first.
  5. gcsmith

gcsmith G. Smith

I can't find PMI 105 in PMI's Catalog (PMI 106 is very similar - don't know why they changed part numbers).

I'll wait awhile to see if they respond to my request. I thought I paid a lot more than $8.95 for the kit I have though, but its' been awhile. I have a good memory but it's short!

I appreciate your offer and will contact you if they can't help me.

6. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Not sure about the pricing - but when I put PMI 105 in the online catalog I get the P47D Thunderbolt Razorback. I then searched Lightning and got this. Other than that I'm not much help.
  7. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Perhaps you are including the shipping and tax? The problem with most shops that ship printed models is that the shipping can be high, especially if you are only buying one model. Most folks will buy several models to average out the cost.
  8. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

I built the Razorback when I was beginning this hobby. I kept it at work and always received good comments about it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.